Furloughs?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Furloughs?

Unregistered

Furloughs?

I heard it from a credible source that there is talk about furloughs for city workers including TPD officers & TFR if the pandemic continues for several more months. If you are a new officer, I would plan for that possibility. It’s happening to officers all around the country.

Unregistered
    It’s not going on for several more months. And if it did, police would be the last you’d want to lay off. The civil unrest would be outrageous!

Unregistered
    We have been situations like this before without layoffs or furloughs so quit trying to stir crap up. If that was even a thought, they would have already deemed alot of the civilian positions in the districts non-essential and sent them home. The districts have plenty of civilian positions to start with and that talk hasn't even been mentioned

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We have been situations like this before without layoffs or furloughs so quit trying to stir crap up. If that was even a thought, they would have already deemed alot of the civilian positions in the districts non-essential and sent them home. The districts have plenty of civilian positions to start with and that talk hasn't even been mentioned
    No one has ever been through a situation like this. It is going to take years to recover from this mess. I agree with the first post. If I was a rookie, I would have a plan B because Tampa is losing millions due to this situation.

Unregistered
    Stop fear mongering. There are a few dozen sworn openings and a lot of mandatory drop retirements every year. They would simply freeze some of those spots way before they actually lay off sworn positions.

Unregistered
    The state will start to open up within 2 weeks

Unregistered
    Get ready for a significant increase in our pension dues. I would suggest saving money now before it hits to lessen the blow.

Unregistered
    Jane wants nothing more than to keep the city closed. We need to reopen and let people go back to work. Stop with this scare tactics. The elderly and vulnerable can stay home and take more precautions.

Unregistered
    You would think they would want more cops during this time

Unregistered
    Media caught staging nurse to block "protest"

https://youtu.be/ackpdogyNDQ

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast