Fhp salary - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fhp salary

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I gained my 1st police career with FHP. Worked for them for 7 years. Left for PSP and the expierence helped alot. Now making over $100,000/yr with very little over time. Base is around $90,000 not to mention a better pension, better benefits, and more then just traffic. I encourage you to work for FHP. But, get out asap for a career that you can retire on and not have to work again. Just remember cut off age for alot of State Police agencies is 40. Good luck to you.
    Congrats bro. You were an asset, and we miss ya.

Unregistered
    I gained my 1st police career with FHP. Worked for them for 7 years. Left for PSP and the expierence helped alot. Now making over $100,000/yr with very little over time. Base is around $90,000 not to mention a better pension, better benefits, and more then just traffic. I encourage you to work for FHP. But, get out asap for a career that you can retire on and not have to work again. Just remember cut off age for alot of State Police agencies is 40. Good luck to you.

Mr. Pasco, still on here when you moved to PA because your girl made you? How about giving facts and not made up personal facts. Some have prior experience with working at other agencies like PSP.

Fact - PSP starts at $61,820. Minus State income tax.
    Fact - PSP base salary at $100k is 20 years on
    Fact - PSP has a 28 year step plan
    Fact - PSP DOES NOT GET TAKE HOME CARS.
    Fact - PSP gets a max of 75 percent of their salary on the state pension no matter if you do 25 or 40 years.
    Fact - PSP is in debt millions of dollars over a electronic (Radios) deal that fell through years ago.

Please don’t try and make yourself feel better for moving to a cold, miserable, part of the nation. Enjoy chasing criminals in a foot of snow when it’s below 0, 3/4 of the year. I know you haven’t seen it in a while but the sun still is yellow.

Now that’s straight and I don’t need to name drop ya, let me get back to guarding my interstates.

-Cheers Pasco loyal

PSP step plan -

https://www.hrm.oa.pa.gov/class-comp...-police-sp.pdf

Unregistered

Maybe so, you blew most of it in heating oil, car repairs due to shitty roads and taxes.

Unregistered

Reply to who I refer to as having no clue

Mr. Pasco, still on here when you moved to PA because your girl made you? How about giving facts and not made up personal facts. Some have prior experience with working at other agencies like PSP.

Fact - PSP starts at $61,820. Minus State income tax.
    Fact - PSP base salary at $100k is 20 years on
    Fact - PSP has a 28 year step plan
    Fact - PSP DOES NOT GET TAKE HOME CARS.
    Fact - PSP gets a max of 75 percent of their salary on the state pension no matter if you do 25 or 40 years.
    Fact - PSP is in debt millions of dollars over a electronic (Radios) deal that fell through years ago.

Please don’t try and make yourself feel better for moving to a cold, miserable, part of the nation. Enjoy chasing criminals in a foot of snow when it’s below 0, 3/4 of the year. I know you haven’t seen it in a while but the sun still is yellow.

Now that’s straight and I don’t need to name drop ya, let me get back to guarding my interstates.

-Cheers Pasco loyal

PSP step plan -

https://www.hrm.oa.pa.gov/class-comp...-police-sp.pdf
    Ok mr it miss no clue. Try posting the july 2020 pay scale not the 2019. We get 3% a year toward a pension. And guaranteed 75% of our higest at 20 years. Do the math.

Take home cars? Ya, believe it or not many of or troopers ( state police) not highway patrol do take their cars or SUV's home. Just taught you something didnt I.

As far as seeing the sun, we get enough leave time to catch plenty enough of your humid, hot, miserable weather. But, with my salary, I choise to go see the sun at far better places. Besides, great weather up here minus the 3 months of cold cold weather. Would rather that then the 10 months of your weather. Mountains, season change, etc.

Let me ask you does your time and a half OT come anywhere close to $80/hr.? Do you have a defined pension plan? Do you keep 100% of your state benefits upon retirement? Let me answer that for you....no, no, and no.

I went on here to give a suggestion to a new recruit not for some clueless guy or girl to try and bash me. I said fhp gave me good expierence. But honestly, if you wish to have a truely fulfilling career, get you 1 to 3 years expierence at fhp, then get out and join an agency that you can retire on and not have to have a side hustle to survive.

I just noticed something in your ridiculous reply to my post. In 2019, the starting salary for a PSP State Police trooper is more than your lieutenants get. LoL. Sad truely sad. How long would it take for a fhp trooper to get to the starting rate of a PSP trooper? Hmmmm maybe never? Replies please.

Unregistered

Another one?

Maybe so, you blew most of it in heating oil, car repairs due to shitty roads and taxes.
    Natural gas and a heat pump here. Not heating oil. Car repairs? None here have a new 2020 vehicle. I can afford one. LoL. Taxes may be a bit more. But we pay ALOT more to cover all that then some. Look at the facts. Not what you think you know. You simply can not live your life to the fullest on what maybe $80,000 a year working all the OT you can get. Hope your not a family guy or girl. True life begins at home. Not working all your time off.

Unregistered

Thank you

Congrats bro. You were an asset, and we miss ya.
    I miss all the people I worked with. (Well most). LoL. Recently I took a week vacation to FL. Dint miss it much. But sure do miss my zone partners.

Unregistered
    Natural gas and a heat pump here. Not heating oil. Car repairs? None here have a new 2020 vehicle. I can afford one. LoL. Taxes may be a bit more. But we pay ALOT more to cover all that then some. Look at the facts. Not what you think you know. You simply can not live your life to the fullest on what maybe $80,000 a year working all the OT you can get. Hope your not a family guy or girl. True life begins at home. Not working all your time off.
    You gotta love these self Self-righteous douche bags who think their decisions are superior.

Unregistered

Yep

You gotta love these self Self-righteous douche bags who think their decisions are superior.
    Exzactly. I have the most respect for any LEO. I simply just told the decision I made then you had some people chime in to give their 2 cents and try to down my agency. Makes no sense. But it is what it is. Stay safe fellow LEO's.

Unregistered
    I miss all the people I worked with. (Well most). LoL. Recently I took a week vacation to FL. Dint miss it much. But sure do miss my zone partners.
    Don't sweat the jealous asshat that doesn't have enough guts to move on (because he's unhappy) there are some of us who stay who are happy and have no need to change. But I applaud you for having the guts to risk and try something new to benefit you and your family. You'll always be our little bro. Come back and visit anytime. But "A, enjoy da snow over at da gian iggle"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12