How is this agency’
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

How is this agency’

I’m 21 and looking at different agencies how is Fort Lauderdale? I heard it’s better then bso pay wise any pros and cons ???

Unregistered
    I’m also looking for insight into this agency as an out of state lateral transfer? Is there proactive street units to be a part of? Are gangs an issue or is mostly just neighborhood problems?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m also looking for insight into this agency as an out of state lateral transfer? Is there proactive street units to be a part of? Are gangs an issue or is mostly just neighborhood problems?
    Do a Google search on all of the Command Staff research their history then decide if you want to be working in such an environment.

https://www.flpd.org/about-flpd/staff-directory

Unregistered
    Went through about 3-4 and found some wild stories. Sadly my current department is the same way. I just want to work somewhere where I am paid well and have good benefits, and have a wide range of assignments. Do you have any insight on the dept you could give me?

Unregistered
    Went through about 3-4 and found some wild stories. Sadly my current department is the same way. I just want to work somewhere where I am paid well and have good benefits, and have a wide range of assignments. Do you have any insight on the dept you could give me?

Call this number, ask any questions : (954) 828-5590

Unregistered
    came her an out of state lateral as well....... stay away!

Unregistered
    Damn, that’s sad to hear. Any recommendations for agencies I should look at?

Unregistered
    Damn, that’s sad to hear. Any recommendations for agencies I should look at?
    I left here went to Tampa PD. Best move I ever made

Unregistered
    Word, I’ve actually looked into TPD recently too and their benefits and schedule seem like the top in the state! The only problem is I would have to put myself through EOT whereas FLPD sends you to it if they hire you.

If I do go to EOT myself and apply to TPD is it still extrmemely competitive? I have 3 years on at a city agency in the north.

Unregistered

What were the "Wild Stories" that you found? Did those stories scare you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast