Lazy ABT - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lazy ABT

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thankfully 99.9% of licensees comply by themselves with the EO. If you had a complaint, found them allowing COP, issued a notice or three, issue the EO (if even allowed), continued to have them ignore you… what’s next? Would TCO let you arrest them for violating the order per 252.50 FS? Would they even issue the EO?

Rumor has it one district has a guy they caught three times, issued notices, took photos, SO deputies are pissed and annoyed, and TCO still wouldn’t issues the EO. Has anyone asked for an EO with valid evidence and had it approved?
    On any given day 98.45 % of licensees follow the law. Our job isn't to put people out of business with an EOS. Our job is to educate and guide with the goal of compliance. We can't waste time worrying about who has gotten an EOS. There are good people in this agency making that decision. You should respect that. Stay in your lane brah.

Unregistered

Uh huh

On any given day 98.45 % of licensees follow the law. Our job isn't to put people out of business with an EOS. Our job is to educate and guide with the goal of compliance. We can't waste time worrying about who has gotten an EOS. There are good people in this agency making that decision. You should respect that. Stay in your lane brah.
    Oh, so our job is to educate. I guess we are the Bureau of Education now. I’m in my lane, are you?

Simple fact is that good people do good things here, yes. I do respect that a lot. You should also respect a genuine concern.

Simple fact is that we SHOULD educate and guide in all instances. But, when someone refused to comply, the agency also has to have the balls to finally act. If you can’t cede that, then you don’t belong here.

If the news, the Governor’s Office, or a places competitors found out and published the fact that our agency refused to take action on those who fail to comply after repeated warnings… we have a serious problem. Who are we doing a favor if we allow repeated non-compliance of an order that’s supposed to protect citizens? I’m in no hurry to act, unless we have already done the education and guidance and a place refuses.

Fact is simple, an ISII can do everything being asked of Agents right now. With a place that continues to be out of compliance and the agency won’t even allow an EOS… why bother with people that arrest folks? If arrests won’t ever be necessary again, why sworn? The danger? From what? Papercuts? We don’t force hands, so it won’t be dangerous to stroke a notice.

Best of luck with those blinders on.

Unregistered
    What are you peolpe doing. Oh great drive around doing nothing. Every last one of you agents should be ashamed. This place should be disbanded.
    For the first time in my career I am happy to be doing something that no agency in this state is doing. Meeting with our licensees and sharing their experiences during this pandemic and providing guidance. Sure every other agency can see if stores are selling to underage during normal times but where are they now hunkering down working remotely and frankly not doing anything. You guys just got served on this event and that is probably why your badge doesnt say special agent. Chomp at the bit to go back to retail thefts and speeding tickets good for you.

ABT Special Agent

Unregistered
    If anyone thinks we are doing anything but getting stats for Qlik then you need to open your eyes.

Unregistered
    If anyone thinks we are doing anything but getting stats for Qlik then you need to open your eyes.
    Enough whining about things you can't control. Qlik, Clack or whatever you call it doesn't matter. YOU are required to work and in most cases produce something to warrant your salary. I don't care how tasks, widgets or anything else is tracked. If you want to continue doing nothing, complain about having to wash your free clothes, whine about not having N95's, gloves, sanitizer, moan about working after dark, weekends maybe Qlik is what this agency needs. This administration isn't playing with those that want to be a standout for all the wrong reasons. Do your job and be thankful you have one. Furlough and layoffs are possible. Try to keep the radar off yourself, shut up and get to work.

Unregistered
    Oh, so our job is to educate. I guess we are the Bureau of Education now. I’m in my lane, are you?

Simple fact is that good people do good things here, yes. I do respect that a lot. You should also respect a genuine concern.

Simple fact is that we SHOULD educate and guide in all instances. But, when someone refused to comply, the agency also has to have the balls to finally act. If you can’t cede that, then you don’t belong here.

If the news, the Governor’s Office, or a places competitors found out and published the fact that our agency refused to take action on those who fail to comply after repeated warnings… we have a serious problem. Who are we doing a favor if we allow repeated non-compliance of an order that’s supposed to protect citizens? I’m in no hurry to act, unless we have already done the education and guidance and a place refuses.

Fact is simple, an ISII can do everything being asked of Agents right now. With a place that continues to be out of compliance and the agency won’t even allow an EOS… why bother with people that arrest folks? If arrests won’t ever be necessary again, why sworn? The danger? From what? Papercuts? We don’t force hands, so it won’t be dangerous to stroke a notice.

Unregistered

Finally. An articulate response. This agency is on the path to being totally a regulatory one. Issuing hundreds of EOS won't alter that. The decisions to make ABT more relevant began 10 years ago.

Unregistered
    I don’t even log complaints after hearing we are not arresting or issuing EO’s what’s the point.

Unregistered
    The ones of you who don’t die off from Covid will be non-sworn soon. IS-3’s

Unregistered
    When they converted sworn to non in the last big ISII push, they let agents keep their salary. I bet that won't happen this time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast