How many people going to lawyer up to get this emergency pay ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    They (Opa Locka), unlike us, actually have more person-to-person contact during the COViD 19 pandemic and also, when times are/were normal, face a far greater risk and hazard working in that crime infested city.
    Money is important, but we should not be greedy.
    Did you see the news on CBS. Carvalo said schools re-opening not happening. Deemed by the super intendant. Ooohhh what does the contract say to that, Double Pay 💰.

Unregistered

Mr. ED

Did you see the news on CBS. Carvalo said schools re-opening not happening. Deemed by the super intendant. Ooohhh what does the contract say to that, Double Pay 💰.
    You're obviously a horse if you hit the ground you'd eat grass, so we'll pay you with hay...double hay for you.

Unregistered
    You're obviously a horse if you hit the ground you'd eat grass, so we'll pay you with hay...double hay for you.
    Sounds like the union replying to this shit, cause they can’t admit they’re sell outs and liars. From now on that contract we have makes it sound invalid. no to double pay and yes to anything else in the contract when it’s convenient. Total scam.

Unregistered
    No dip shit I am not the Union, but I am interested in a. Having a job and b. Saying and doing what is right. Look at Carvalho's twitter nothing changes for scholl will remain OPEN virtually but school campuses are closed. What that means a$$face is that buildings are closed but the learning process is open you twit. You are the kind of shithead that would cost me to get laid off if they say no buildings no cops. Your greedy nature is bound to screw it all up for the rest of us. Let me know if you will come feed my newborn if that happens.

Unregistered
    No dip shit I am not the Union, but I am interested in a. Having a job and b. Saying and doing what is right. Look at Carvalho's twitter nothing changes for scholl will remain OPEN virtually but school campuses are closed. What that means a$$face is that buildings are closed but the learning process is open you twit. You are the kind of shithead that would cost me to get laid off if they say no buildings no cops. Your greedy nature is bound to screw it all up for the rest of us. Let me know if you will come feed my newborn if that happens.
    Whoever told you that you would get fired is a damn lie. Listen kid, read your damn contract, nothing talks about virtual. The shit says even not routine or unanticipated. Maybe you need a 5 or 6th phase on reading since you kids can’t even take a damn 13 properly.

Unregistered
    Okay, get a grip folks. First, all the employees that worked during g the initial closing of schools will receive emergency pay. This goes for All District union employees. Once Carvalho cancelled the emergency status, it stops the double pay. The Superintendent has the legal authority to do so and its binding within the contract. NOt the President, nor Governor nor Mayor...the Superintendent, that is it. Now, traditionally the emergency was either a hurricane or civil unrest. Hell, the coronavirus is globally.

Also, the thought that FEMA will reimburse the District is true; but, it may take years to get reimbursed from FEMA. It took well over a year before the Distruct was reimbursed from FEMA. Take into account, the billions given to Puerto Rico after they were hit with a series of hurricanes and now a national crisis. How long do you think it will be?

The Board and superintendent decided to move the educational process from an on campus modality to an online modality. Oh by the way, the online modality is here to stay. We will open campuses for those parents that want to send their kids to school. But, the online model, which is a national trend on higher education, is gaining popularity. Overall, students ts are doing well, parents dont worry about their kids saftey and school lockdowns, etc.

Also, I talked with a friend from another agency and he was telling me about a 4 officer involved shooting. Guys they are handling real crimes. Think about what you are doing now. Take a signal 13 on an empty building, respond to a silent alarm, respond to a food distribution site, etc. You sit alone in your police car, no two man units. You have been given personal protective gear...other agencies are having difficulty buying protective gear for their officers.

When the Carvalho cancelled the emergency it was because the District cant sustain 40,000 employees staying home collecting a paycheck for free. Thise that worked from cafeteria to police that worked during the emergency status will be paid at double time.
    For the followers of Q and the others that support him, keep.in mind these folks are in the drop, earning a very generous salary. They will walk out of here with a fat pension, drop money...and screw it up for you All that still have their careers here.

Keep the faith, relax, dont listen to the serpents..

Unregistered
    Where are you getting this lie from that online has gained popularity ??? The majority of parents are complaining about it and students continue to have trouble getting into the live sessions including my daughter. As for Q he’s not wrong at all, that contract is very vague, it says it right there describing what emergency is and when’s the time to get double pay. So why even now the cafeteria managers Have submitted their paper work same time us Police no longer getting emergency pay ?? Their coordinators are collecting them. As for other departments, they’re getting hazard pay. Can’t wait for the excuse for this hurricane season.

Unregistered
    Yes, it is popular. Look at our local university which now have been offering online degrees. L ook at Florida Virtual School, statewide online education. Yes, when you have a new system there is bound to have kinks that need to be worked out. MDCPS has well over 300 thousand students, obviously with a new system they are working out the kinks...your daughter is going to be fine...as too the contract. It's very specific who is the only one that can lift the schools and is the Superintendent..that's it. As for the others, I personally know because that no one else is getting emergency pay. They are working overtime hours and, of course, they are getting OVERTIME, not emergency pay. Now, the cafeteria people dont have an overtime form like we do;so, they are capturing there OT on the EDR form. Of course, some of you all have seen this and are under the impression, couple with Q and the other snakes, that are leading you down the wrong path...

Unregistered
    Oh and your going to be paid first before the other employees. So you should be happy that your getting paid first before the minimum wage employees. You should, after all you work soooooo hard manning a food site, and those 13 at empty buildings...yeah real bad ass police work...

Unregistered
    We are getting a labor attorney.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast