Captain position - Page 13
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Unregistered
    Im sure they are paying MS more then HS was making less then a year ago. Sad thing is HS did a really good job and had no agenda against anyone. He was such a fair man and treated everyone so fairly. You are really missed HS.

Unregistered
    He would have been an awesome Chief for department & I know a lot of us had hopes he would have stayed for that. We would have backed him 100% and morale would have gone up so much. Definitely didn’t play favorites and cared about his people. You are dearly missed Sir!

Unregistered
    Totally agree and the city should ask him to come back for the Chiefs position. When you have a good leader it encourages officers to work hard for them and better community relations.

Unregistered
    HS would be great. But he knows it would be a frustrating job because the city will not properly fund us. So I doubt he will come back.

Unregistered
    HS was only fair when it didn’t involve people of his color, just ask AW. If it did it involve race, then he would be fair when you could pull him away from looking at motorcycles all day in his computer.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I only know Dorman to be a prolific liar. Like the time he told everyone he was a great drummer. So good the drummer for Metallica gave him a drum set. Or the time he said his father in-law owns carnival cruise lines. By the way their stocks are down at the moment. Here is one for the city manager to judge. During a recent meet with the sergeants Dorman announced....the City manager told him, he has the chief's position. He just had to wait awhile and the City manager is going to promote him without posting the position, like he has in the past for other department heads. George Long should call the sergeants and ask if Dorman made this announcement. The sorry acting Capt was a witness to this announcement also.
    I would hope this is not true. If so sounds like a new Chief is needed. Was told an outside organization will be searching for applicant's. Is this true and how is the moral in the agency?

Unregistered
    We need a new Chief from the outside. One that will come in and see what is really going on and clean house. The moral is bad and attitudes even worse. The admins changes have made it a cut throat agency and we are still losing people before they get trained and nobody seems to know why? Really? I hear more changes are coming and it’s only going to get worse. The ones making the changes aren’t affected so they could careless

Unregistered
    We need a new Chief from the outside. One that will come in and see what is really going on and clean house. The moral is bad and attitudes even worse. The admins changes have made it a cut throat agency and we are still losing people before they get trained and nobody seems to know why? Really? I hear more changes are coming and it’s only going to get worse. The ones making the changes aren’t affected so they could careless
    Sorry to hear this especially with the climate all officers are dealing with during this current time. It is sad your administration has to throw thier weight around and make it harder on the officers. From what I hear you administration has very little experience in thier positions. Hang in there and with prayers you may just get a new chief who has experience and is a cops, cop. There are a lot of good people out there who have recently retired from agencies as top brass with good reputations. So there is hope.

Unregistered
    I only know Dorman to be a prolific liar. Like the time he told everyone he was a great drummer. So good the drummer for Metallica gave him a drum set. Or the time he said his father in-law owns carnival cruise lines. By the way their stocks are down at the moment. Here is one for the city manager to judge. During a recent meet with the sergeants Dorman announced....the City manager told him, he has the chief's position. He just had to wait awhile and the City manager is going to promote him without posting the position, like he has in the past for other department heads. George Long should call the sergeants and ask if Dorman made this announcement. The sorry acting Capt was a witness to this announcement also.
    So the Chiefs job is now posted nation wide. Dorman you were wrong again.

Unregistered
    The Chief position is posted nation wide. Good move so now you officers will not have to worry about the admin messing with you. The admin will have to worry about how they along with thier work performance is evaluated by a new kid on the block. This should be good!!

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast