So, how do you think the slowdown is going to affect all of our performance reviews? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Above poster is James and his armed fishing buddy trying to elicit their version of the incidents. You can’t demand or request paper work that doesn’t exists or you have to go through proper procedure to get. Then when concerned citizen call in a report of an armed fisherman on a pier someone has to check it out. You see James normal people don’t push the limits to exercise their 1 and 2 amendments. In other words you and your nut bag followers need to recognize you are not in charge.
    "Push the limits" on constitutional rights. LOL Spoken like a true tyrant and traitor to the constitution. You know, that thing you swore an oath to just to get a paycheck. The lawyer for Florida Open Carry will show you who is in charge.

Unregistered
    James, if I may ask.

How would you have handled that differently? Let's say you're elected. You now have to oversee the citizens concerns, no matter how trivial they are. And when little miss Edith calls 911 because she sees someone with a rifle in plain sight, not hunting (albeit fishing, but miss Edith doesn't understand that part of the law).

Now that a 911 call has been placed, there is a duty we as police must uphold (because insert all the "I pay your salary" and "you're a public servant" cries here) to investigate why someone is out there with a gun in plain sight.

Do you not send someone because miss Edith is old, not hip to the laws, overly cautious? Then receive formal complaints from her and members of her neighborhood because she feels the police aren't doing their jobs when called for service, ect. We do respond, if nothing else just to make sure our gun toting fisherman is not about to shoot up the neighborhood, and we get cell phones in our face, hostility, refusal to have a civil conversation without demanding lawyers, ect.

I understand your gripe with hassling legal gun owners. I do. But you gotta understand it's a lose/lose scenario. We're either bashed by you for being tyrants. Or bashed by members of our community for not doing our job and investigating 911 calls as we should. If you're gonna have your friends out there baiting that stuff, all I *personally* ask, is that they are just pleasant to talk to. I'm easy going. Can't speak for the rest. You talk to me like I'm your neighbor you borrow sugar from occasionally and we will be on our way before ya know it. 🤦

Unregistered
    James, if I may ask.

How would you have handled that differently? Let's say you're elected. You now have to oversee the citizens concerns, no matter how trivial they are. And when little miss Edith calls 911 because she sees someone with a rifle in plain sight, not hunting (albeit fishing, but miss Edith doesn't understand that part of the law).

Now that a 911 call has been placed, there is a duty we as police must uphold (because insert all the "I pay your salary" and "you're a public servant" cries here) to investigate why someone is out there with a gun in plain sight.

Do you not send someone because miss Edith is old, not hip to the laws, overly cautious? Then receive formal complaints from her and members of her neighborhood because she feels the police aren't doing their jobs when called for service, ect. We do respond, if nothing else just to make sure our gun toting fisherman is not about to shoot up the neighborhood, and we get cell phones in our face, hostility, refusal to have a civil conversation without demanding lawyers, ect.

I understand your gripe with hassling legal gun owners. I do. But you gotta understand it's a lose/lose scenario. We're either bashed by you for being tyrants. Or bashed by members of our community for not doing our job and investigating 911 calls as we should. If you're gonna have your friends out there baiting that stuff, all I *personally* ask, is that they are just pleasant to talk to. I'm easy going. Can't speak for the rest. You talk to me like I'm your neighbor you borrow sugar from occasionally and we will be on our way before ya know it. 🤦
    I can't speak for James, or anyone else. But I will say that your post is disingenuous in that it totally leaves out the part about having a scared Salzman drawing down and threatening to kill an innocent, law abiding citizen, having Paniccia damage his gun by laying it on the ground, then having him lay on top of it, then taking his gun, mishandling it, dropping the magazine out of in damaging that too, making him lay on the very hot pavement, illegally seizing his property and illegally searching his backpack, cuffing him and putting him in the car. Also, that life and death "simon says" you idiots play with armed people is dangerous AND stupid. (think Mesa police officer Philip Brailsford) Your post does not condemn Salzman or Paniccia, even though they were clearly way out of line and dead wrong. Thin Blue Lie and all.

You come out here and pretend that there was only two choices. Either not responding to a 911 call, or a polite and pleasant voluntary conversation with the open carry fisherman. How it SHOULD have been handled is simple. Just observe the man for a while to make sure he was not doing anything wrong, leave him alone and have dispatch call Edith back and tell her that open carry while fishing is legal and stop calling or she will be arrested for abusing 911.

The real issue is poor training, inadequate training and the wrong training. How much time is spent training new recruits on Constitutional rights? By the actions of both Salsman and Paniccia, apparently zero. And I don't mean, how to get around them or violate them without getting into trouble. How much time is spent training deputies on how to handle all situations without violence, weapons use or just plain stupidity? I would say that about 75% of the videos I have seen and the encounters I have witnessed with the PCSO, they were wrong about the law. That is truly sad and it is also dangerous for both citizens and deputies.

Unregistered
    if nothing else just to make sure our gun toting fisherman is not about to shoot up the neighborhood, and we get cell phones in our face, hostility, refusal to have a civil conversation without demanding lawyers, ect.
    One more point.... If someone knows the law better than you do, why would they not be irate when they are being hassled by an ignorant deputy that does not know the law, or in Paniccia's case, knows the law, but instead chooses to ignore it or enforce his own incorrect version of it? PCSO deputies lie in more than half of their reports, especially if they are trying to cover their asses for a screwed up response like this. Because of this standard failure of LEOs to tell the truth, cameras are critical for preserving evidence when dealing with lying cops. That's why BG doesn't want body cameras.

How civil would you be if someone pulled a gun on you, made you drop a valuable gun on the ground scratching it, forced you to lie on hot pavement, took your property, damaged your property, rifled through your belongings and pockets and grabbed your crotch and kidnapped you? You do realize that people do NOT HAVE TO TALK TO YOU, don't you? It's called the 5th amendment. Read it sometime. Every single lawyer on the planet will tell their clients NEVER talk to police. And why should they? All Salzman and Paniccia was doing the entire time was trying to jamb the guy up and figure out some way to arrest him. "Where is your car?" Why? So they could violate his rights some more, run his tags and search his car?
    I did not hear any PCSO deputy ask one single question about his fishing during the entire encounter. Why? Because they KNEW he was legally open carry fishing.

Asking for a lawyer is the smartest thing anyone can do when faced with a cop that has no idea what he is doing or what the law is like Salzman and Paniccia. But YOU take that as a personal insult. Like recording, or not being happy to be hassled by you or threatened by you is somehow a personal attack on you. So unitil LEOs learn the law, and people's rights and learn to treat ALL people with respect and dignity, perhaps cops should not expect people to be happy or even pleasant to them when they are having their rights violated. Learn the actual law, learn people's rights and don't be such assholes and everybody will have a much easier time when citizen/deputy contact is required.

Unregistered
    Ans last point... this open carry fisherman was always 100% polite, calm, rational, compliant and did not mistreat Salzman or Paniccia in any way. Not sure where you came up with that aspect of this scenario, but it is 100% false.

Unregistered
    Let me clarify I am not familiar with the instance you're referring to. I'll look it up a bit later but it sounds like it was a dumpster fire.

Mine was more geared towards the (multiple) silly interactions you see on YouTube of the people baiting law enforcement officers. They weren't out there fishing to fish. They go out there with the intent of getting cops called on them to film it. Yes observation could very well have been a viable option. But at the end of the day, it won't kill citizens (and some cops) to just be decent with one another. If you don't like government and the man fine. But there's still a job to do, so just be respectful. If they don't want to put on a badge and make a difference, they should do it while they, or draft up the bills/laws themselves.

I am more referring to the previous comments eluding to not sending officers out for those types of calls all together because it's just seen as harassing citizens. While I can't speak for all, I assure you most of us would rather not pester citizens for doing everyday, harmless things. That homeless man with an Anti LEO hotfile is just aggravated he is stopped and FIRd 4 times a week for an easy stat. And that mess starts at the top of the chain.

Before I get flamed from burnt out cops over that last bit, stay in your lane. Police work still gets done, and I'm excited to see more of my generation and their mindset (some.. not all) come to this line of work. The old mentality of getting down and dirty,( getting hands on or worse when it could have been avoided by just talking) and large egos are thankfully going by the wayside. That shit is what got this profession into the mess it's in with the public.

Anyway, thanks for the read. That's my rant. Continue to post ridiculous material for me to kill time with. Be safe and sanitize ♥️

Unregistered
    Let me clarify I am not familiar with the instance you're referring to. I'll look it up a bit later but it sounds like it was a dumpster fire.

Mine was more geared towards the (multiple) silly interactions you see on YouTube of the people baiting law enforcement officers. They weren't out there fishing to fish. They go out there with the intent of getting cops called on them to film it. Yes observation could very well have been a viable option. But at the end of the day, it won't kill citizens (and some cops) to just be decent with one another. If you don't like government and the man fine. But there's still a job to do, so just be respectful. If they don't want to put on a badge and make a difference, they should do it while they, or draft up the bills/laws themselves.

I am more referring to the previous comments eluding to not sending officers out for those types of calls all together because it's just seen as harassing citizens. While I can't speak for all, I assure you most of us would rather not pester citizens for doing everyday, harmless things. That homeless man with an Anti LEO hotfile is just aggravated he is stopped and FIRd 4 times a week for an easy stat. And that mess starts at the top of the chain.

Before I get flamed from burnt out cops over that last bit, stay in your lane. Police work still gets done, and I'm excited to see more of my generation and their mindset (some.. not all) come to this line of work. The old mentality of getting down and dirty,( getting hands on or worse when it could have been avoided by just talking) and large egos are thankfully going by the wayside. That shit is what got this profession into the mess it's in with the public.

Anyway, thanks for the read. That's my rant. Continue to post ridiculous material for me to kill time with. Be safe and sanitize ♥️
    And if all officers were more like you, there would be less conflict, unfortunately they are not. Especially at the PCSO. The entire reason those "silly interactions" occur is because officers have no clue what the law is or how to treat the public. Without the officers acting a fool, those videos would have zero viewers and be very boring. I have seen several of those "open carry fishing" videos where the cops come out, say hello, let everybody know that what they are doing is legal and even sometimes discuss the variety of weaponry in view. In those videos where the cop doesn't act like an assshole, the participants ARE usually very polite and cordial. Those videos are called a "pass" because those officers passed the test of knowing the law. You can't call it "baiting" the officer when the officer jumps in your boat because he has no idea what the law is or how it is supposed to be enforced or what the constitution says. That is poor training, the wrong training or no training in action. Tonight I watched a video of a PCSO officer driving down the virtually deserted beach stopping at two couples and telling them to get off the beach even though they were near the wet sand line and nobody was within 100 yards of them. THAT is an asshole.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123