Arresting a pastor for holding church? - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Maybe you took part in this exercise?

The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type any given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.
    Good job, Shakespeare.

Unregistered
    Chad, dude. Your safer at home order does not trump the bill of rights. The right to peaceable assembly and the freedom to exercise religion can not be infringed even in an emergency. This was already made clear by the Mary Mallon case decades ago. You just cost the tax payer a large sum of money because HCSO is going to get a shower of law suits. Time to step down chad. You just list the next election.
    Not gonna happen, steroid boy. You need to let go of your prejudice against the sheriff and get on the right side of things. Oh and quit using steroids. They’re illegal, you fukkin azzwipe.

Unregistered
    The mere fact that we are “essential” personnel is putting other’s lives in jeopardy. There is about 2000 of us at this office interacting every day with the public and then going home and spreading this to our families and other contacts who are spreading it further. We are no better than that church but claim to be because someone called us “essential.” Add us to TPD and the other surrounding agencies within Hillsborough County, all the fire rescue personnel and all the doctors and nurses and medical techs, first responders are more likely to spread this virus than the parishioners at that church. We are helping the virus travel around as we move from call to call to call. Marinate on that one.

Unregistered
    Take your uniform/clothes off when you get home and put them in the washer. Then take a shower.

Unregistered
    So what in the order prohibits me fro having eight people at my home for a bbq as long as we respect social distancing?

Unregistered
    Take your uniform/clothes off when you get home and put them in the washer. Then take a shower.
    Since this now considered “airborne,” how will that help? And now does taking off my clothes and showering at home, help me not spread the virus to citizens and coworkers while on duty? Being “essential” isn’t a cure or a vaccine.

Unregistered
    Since this now considered “airborne,” how will that help? And now does taking off my clothes and showering at home, help me not spread the virus to citizens and coworkers while on duty? Being “essential” isn’t a cure or a vaccine.
    So I guess you want to stay home with pay until May and have no law enforcement and detention until then. What a sissy.

Unregistered
    So I guess you want to stay home with pay until May and have no law enforcement and detention until then. What a sissy.
    No dumbassss. The point of this thread is the pointless arrest of the pastor and how it doesn’t hold water. Don’t try to derail this train.

Unregistered

Question Freedom of assembly against the order of the government?

Chad, dude. Your safer at home order does not trump the bill of rights. The right to peaceable assembly and the freedom to exercise religion can not be infringed even in an emergency. This was already made clear by the Mary Mallon case decades ago. You just cost the tax payer a large sum of money because HCSO is going to get a shower of law suits. Time to step down chad. You just list the next election.

First and foremost, the pastor and the congregation are a bunch of idiots for doing this. That said, Chad overstepped his authority. It was Chad's duty to refuse enforcing illegal orders. The ACLU, and Ron McMullen, will have a field day with this. What's also sad is Chad had my vote, until this.
    Both of the above appear to be correct, but conversely, the courts will have the final say. It was very disturbing that the preacher had an assembly, but conversely, it is disturbing that he was arrested for assembling. This case will definitely be litigated.

Unregistered
    Even Pastors and Churches are not exempt from the reasonable standard in court and if it is demonstrated that his violation of the EO was unreasonable, he could and should be found guilty. For example, a church cannot claim that human sacrifice is a part of their religion because it fails the reasonable standard test. There is no blanket right under the first amendment or in the case law to exercise of religion if it endangers the welfare of the public.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast