How many are you hiring?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

How many are you hiring?

I'm moving to Sarasota from out of state and have already completed the EOT. I am looking for a new department and NP looks like a great choice. How many are you looking to hire?

I have 10 years experience. Any idea what pay rate I could be started at assuming I was hired?

Unregistered

Open spots

I believe NPPD currently has four open spots. NPPD is one of the best agencies, I believe to work for in this area without a doubt. 10 years experience would be a great addition and with 10 years experience you’d probably be right around $54,900 to $55,200.

Unregistered
    Thanks for the response. I have already made up my mind I will be applying. How long does it take to get into Investigations/Detective Bureau? I spent 3 years as a detective up north.

Also, is that the pay even if you did the 10 years out of state?

Unregistered

Openings

The time spent up north will transfer down due to experience. It does not matter the agency where it was obtained at. NPPD is a rather small agency, while there is movement, currently the detective bureau is filled. I would imagine it would not take tremendously long if you already do have experience as a detective but would not expect fresh out of Field Training.

Also interested

Shifts

What are your shifts? 0600-1800? 1800-0600? Any split shifts? If so, can you get split shift as a new officer or are you guaranteed nights?

Thanks

Unregistered

Shifts

There is no split shifts 5am to 5pm or 6am to 6pm. Night shift is 5pm to 5am or 6pm to 6am. 12 hour shifts only as patrol.

Unregistered
    We finally found a place to live down there and I see that you are no longer hiring. Is there any chance that you will be hiring again in the near future?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We finally found a place to live down there and I see that you are no longer hiring. Is there any chance that you will be hiring again in the near future?
    Bro, you’ve been all over these pages talking about your advanced degree and vast experience. Newsflash, experienced cops are a dime a dozen down here. Enough of “how long before I’m a detective?” You ain’t special. Get on where you can, do what you’re told and maybe you’ll move up, or maybe you’ll be pushing a car for 25 years.

Unregistered

I believe we’re currently staffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We just had a hire from the Tampa area who’s experienced and Florida Certified.

Unregistered
    NPPD is honestly a joke. Go somewhere more respectable

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast