Florida Correctional Officers need read and understand law. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered

What he is trying to say is ...

ACCORDING TO "LEOSA HR" 218 since ITS inception IN 2004 FLORIDA COS WERE ALWAYS COVERED UNDER THIS PROVISION...BUT LIKE MAN Y FLORIDA LEOS THEY WALK WITH A STICK UP THEIR ARSE TO MAKE THEIR WEE WEE LONGER AND YOU KNOW THE REST..

DETENTION
    ARREST AUTHORITY
    FIREARMS
    WORK FOR A STATE GOVERNMENT
    AS LONG ASU AINT HIGH OR IN DISCIPLINED...YOU CAN CARRY IN ALL 50 STATES WITH YOUR FIREARM AND BADGE AND ID I WAS ONCE A FLORIDA CO TOOK MY GUN(PERSONAL) TO NYC GOT STOPPED BY A COP IN UPSTATE NY ..ID MYSELF AS A FLORIDA CO ADVISED I HAVE A FIREAM AND GOT LET GO WITH A WARNING..THEN WENT BACK HOME

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The Florida Administrative Rules mean nothing. Because they are rules and not law. The governing body who overlooks Florida Certifications is FDLE. They are ruled that Co's and CPO's are not Certified LEO's. And by the way, telling everyone here about your LEO experience in New York is worth a pile of crap.

but the new law says otherwise...and FDLE IS FULL OF CRAP

Unregistered
    I have done LEO in NY for about 10 ears before becoming a FED AGENT and I worked with MANY LE AGENCIEs and I being a "buff" as they say liked to look at other agency ids ...and I NEVER EVER SAW AN ID THAT SAID "ARREST AUTHORITY or NO ARREST AUTHORITY" IN NYS there are two classification of LEOS..PEACE OFFICER and POLICE OFFICER a peace officer working in a LE agency has all the authority of a Police OFFICER MINUS. ARREST SOLELY ON. WARRANT AND THE GOOD OLE STOP AND FRISK Peace OFFICER NEED PC rather THAN RS
    We need more people with outside law enforcement experience to help us navigate the judicial system process. It’s a constant issue and everyone has different opinions. It’s embarrassing for our agency.

Unregistered
    The Florida Administrative Rules mean nothing. Because they are rules and not law. The governing body who overlooks Florida Certifications is FDLE. They are ruled that Co's and CPO's are not Certified LEO's. And by the way, telling everyone here about your LEO experience in New York is worth a pile of crap.
    , To who posted this comment , you apparently didn't read my entire article , I'm Not only retired from NYS But I have 20 years experience as a Certified Florida Law Enforcement Supervisor & Investigator, for a total of 40 years training & experience between NY & Florida, So I know what I'm talking about, You Don't , Please post your vast training & experience .

Unregistered
    ACCORDING TO "LEOSA HR" 218 since ITS inception IN 2004 FLORIDA COS WERE ALWAYS COVERED UNDER THIS PROVISION...BUT LIKE MAN Y FLORIDA LEOS THEY WALK WITH A STICK UP THEIR ARSE TO MAKE THEIR WEE WEE LONGER AND YOU KNOW THE REST..

DETENTION
    ARREST AUTHORITY
    FIREARMS
    WORK FOR A STATE GOVERNMENT
    AS LONG ASU AINT HIGH OR IN DISCIPLINED...YOU CAN CARRY IN ALL 50 STATES WITH YOUR FIREARM AND BADGE AND ID I WAS ONCE A FLORIDA CO TOOK MY GUN(PERSONAL) TO NYC GOT STOPPED BY A COP IN UPSTATE NY ..ID MYSELF AS A FLORIDA CO ADVISED I HAVE A FIREAM AND GOT LET GO WITH A WARNING..THEN WENT BACK HOME
    ALL FLORIDA CORRECTIONAL WHO HOLD FDLE CERTIFICATIONS ARE IN FACT COVERED BY LEOSA ( HR
    218) , Florida State Statute 790.052 specially states all persons holding or that have held an FDLE Officer Certification ( including corrections officers ) are covered under LEOSA.

Unregistered
    WRONG !!!, FAC IS LAW, I SUGGEST YOU READ F.S.S. 790.052. Amazing how idiots make comments without knowledge.

Unregistered

Correction officers

Are corrections officer considered law enforcement

Unregistered

Correction officers

Are corrections officers law enforcement ?

Unregistered
    This is a fallacy. The statute this post is referring to was repealed in 1998. Probation Officers, Corrections Officers and other similarly licensed employees of the Department of Corrections are no longer considered to be law enforcement officers under the statute. If you want to carry a firearm off duty, it needs to be concealed and you need to possess a valid concealed weapons permit.

Unregistered
    This is a fallacy. The statute this post is referring to was repealed in 1998. Probation Officers, Corrections Officers and other similarly licensed employees of the Department of Corrections are no longer considered to be law enforcement officers under the statute. If you want to carry a firearm off duty, it needs to be concealed and you need to possess a valid concealed weapons permit.
    In Florida Correctional Officers are sworn law enforcement officers certified by the FDLE. We have required training (academy) and a state certification exam. Furthermore we are covered under LEOSA which allows concealed carry in all 50 states. This was signed into law by Governor DeSantis under HB 7125. Under that law Florida Correctional Officers are recognized as qualified law enforcement officers. Previously we were covered to carry in the state of Florida only FS 790.052. Homework people...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast