A better topic

Thread: A better topic

Unregistered

A better topic

Instead of constantly talking about politics and name calling both sides of the election, why has no one talked about the fact there was an officer involved shooting last night and making sure all our guys are doing ok? Regardless of who is running the agency it is important everyone look out for the well being of each other. Thank God the good guys won and the bad guy lost.

I hope all that we’re involved in last night shooting is doing ok physically and mentally and the rest of the agency can be a solid support for them in the coming days and months.

Unregistered
    It’s incredible to me that no one comes on this site to acknowledge how K9 Deputies along with a brand new K9 Sgt and two seasoned patrol Sgt’s handled and armed gunman actively shooting in a wooded area.. but they are so quick to post about Wanna be Sheriff swallowing jizz and being a fat ass.

You boys did an incredible job in a jacked up situation.

We have lost sight of what’s important in this agency. Our leadership is doing an amazing job supporting the troops and our guys are working together better now then ever. God bless all the Deputies at LCSO.

Be safe all!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Instead of constantly talking about politics and name calling both sides of the election, why has no one talked about the fact there was an officer involved shooting last night and making sure all our guys are doing ok? Regardless of who is running the agency it is important everyone look out for the well being of each other. Thank God the good guys won and the bad guy lost.

I hope all that we’re involved in last night shooting is doing ok physically and mentally and the rest of the agency can be a solid support for them in the coming days and months.

Unregistered
    Good point! Great job in a high risk situation!

Unregistered

The tactical state of mind and the key to survival

In 2006, a patrol buddy of mine was shot five times in the chest by a kid with a AK47. He was sitting in his cruiser in the station parking lot. He had just finished working out in the station gym and was wearing athletic clothing. He was not armed and had left his service pistol in his locker during his workout. He stayed alive long enough to provide location details of the suspect for the safety of the responding officers. He witnessed a second officer being shot to death in the same parking lot. A third officer was wounded during the shootout. In the end, a M-4 rifle and a good shooter ended the murderous rampage.

The sad thing about this tragedy was the fact that my friend was going on leave the next day. He was going to fly to Arizona with his family in order to prepare for his retirement plans. I had just retired and learned about the shooting while on the job with another agency. I drove toward the station and stopped at a checkpoint along the perimeter. Another officer told me who had been shot.

The one thing that will always bother me about this tragedy was the conversation I had with him days before my retirement. He was jealous about me retiring before him. I told him that his time would come. We shook hands being glad that we had made it.

The other thing that will always bother me was the feeling I had about how open our parking lot was and how vulnerable we were to ambush. Of course, a broken vehicle gate allowed the shooter to access the parking lot in his stolen van. Interesting how the gate got fixed right after the event.

In the end, it was learned that the shooter had slipped through the cracks in his mental health treatment. His felon father possessed an illegal AK-47 which the shooter had complete access to. While the department and the community mourned the loss of two officers, his parents shamed the responding officers for shooting there son too many times. At least, the father got charged for the illegal possession of the AK-47.

So, I am thankful for the fact that our LCSO deputies survived the engagement. They did the right thing and they all went home that night. No police funerals or lost parents here. A win win for the good guys.

So, please go out everyday with the tactical state of mind. Never take officer safety for granted. Always carry your weapon. Never relax anywhere you go. If shot, fight to survive.

In the end, work toward your retirement and stay alive to enjoy it.

Rest In Peace Brother!