MDT Question - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MDT Question

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Again, I ask if we can re-focus on the original question. What does D B M stand for?
    If you want to continue the other drama start a new thread don't hijack other ones.
    Stay Focused - Win the War!
    Good point. I don't think anyone has any idea. Maybe a location can help? Without giving away too much about that unit.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No one said anything about him being a bad guy. He also does not deserve his name dragged through the mud. However, he should expect it after being fast tracked. Its unfair.

Here is the much bigger issue with being PULLED OFF THE STREET TOO SOON and fast tracked to corporal or even worse, fast tracked to corporal then to sergeant shortly after. Especially after they been in some cushy unit for years or decades. We all know full and well that it takes roughly 5 years MINIMUM to start seeing these calls for what they truly are. To see through the lies and drama. To develop an instinct to look past the exaggerations of a caller, the exaggerations and drama that our very own call takers add to the calls, and to look past the 90% false call comments. It take a long time to develop the confidence to see through complaints, cancel calls end explain the reasoning to the point where no one can question them. It takes a long time to take a certain ownership for the position of patrol and its troops. Not to mention the ability back up their patrol troops to the point where nobody can argue back.

Fast tracked supervisors that were pulled off the streets prematurely do not have those skills and wreak havoc on every squad they are on for the rest of their career. They don't know it because no one tells them. A good example of this was our strawberry queen. What a nightmare working for her. They can only err on the side of caution because they do not have the experience and gut instinct to make decisions that benefit US. They are almost stuck in like a liberal republican mode. Everyone knows the bosses that have humped patrol for a decade and detective even longer. Im talking real detectives like general offense or homicide. Not fluff detectives. These fast tracked supervisors show up to new squads and act as if the squad just appeared just for them and we are all new. Many deputies have been humping their zone for many years watching supervisors come and go. Nothing changes for them and they develop a routine, a system and a survivable pace. These fast trackers show up and put that fast track mentality on us as if we are here to help them on their rank chasing journey. We all know who they are.

Fast tracking people is far more destructive than it is unfair. Thats why we talk shiit about them.
    This was an excellent post! The many times I can count that I have been passed over for positions that I was more than qualified for only to see those who were downtown favorites be selected, I believe it has made me better for it. So, when the opportunity comes when I get my shot to be a detective or a supervisor, I will not fall into the traps some of the fast trackers and others have. No one is perfect. Worry about what you can control. Never forget where you come from. Patrol is a sweet gig. No one can control your work ethic, product, attitude, and happiness. At the end of the day, I am grateful to have a steady good paying job. I remember what the unemployment line feels like. I remember when no one would give me a shot. Stay eligible and stay ready my friends.

Unregistered
    Fourteen years to make corporal and you refer to that as fast track, no. You just don’t like the fact that he has had specialty assignments. There are many that have had hand picked positions, and yes, the stars aligned for him. But, he is far from fast tracked. Maybe his work character did a lot for him when he was assigned the special detail for DG. May had the assignment, not just him, but DG saw something in him. Would you expect him to turn the offer down? Comin, get off his back!

Unregistered
    Don’t Bother Me

Unregistered
    Bump, so no one knows the answer

Unregistered
    No, honestly I don’t think anyone cares, but you obviously. Why are you running other area status, and oh by the way, switching channels to know the unit doesn’t answer the radio? You are a liar. You probably work for the supervisor.

Unregistered
    Countywide unit, best be careful with the liar part ashole

Unregistered
    X06 DBM. It was a way a hole supers said Don't Bother Me.

Unregistered
    Thats about right, while the plebes work their arses off, sounds like a lieutenant issue to me

Unregistered
    So countywide, I am man enough to apologize, I am sorry for calling you a liar. But now, why call the supervisor to the table on this site? I don’t think your curiosity was getting the best of you. I think you wanted to draw attention to the supervisors status. Why worry about how a particulate supervisor is logged out when you are a countywide unit? What is your motivation? Man enough to tell us?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast