Covid 19 Protection for patrol
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Covid 19 Protection for patrol

What is being done to protect patrol from COVID 19? Where is our equipment? Why would us getting infected not be covered by workers comp?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What is being done to protect patrol from COVID 19? Where is our equipment? Why would us getting infected not be covered by workers comp?
    Don’t like it? Then quit!!

Unregistered
    FU LT! The dept anticipate you potentially encountering a violent and deadly suspect and provide you with guns, vests, other weapons, training on how to use those weapons and how to repel an attacker. What tools, training or equipment have they given us to fight this?*

Unregistered
    I hate to defend this circus but we were all issued bags of PPE last year, which included N95 masks and gowns.

Unregistered
    Of course we got the equipment ,, but not enough!

Unregistered

Sorry patrol can't work from home like you Lieutenant. Also, please save the "so quit" chest thumping “you signed up for this”, “we run toward when everyone else runs away” crap for your next thin blue line or punisher tattoo. I don’t want to hear your sheepdog mantras cause that’s not what I’m talking about. I haven’t had any problem being spit on, bled on, bitten, scratched, punched or kicked in this job and I also realize that any one of the people I have dealt with can have AIDS, MRSA, Hep A through C, TB, the flu (which your more likely to get from a squad mate) or even COVID 19. Yes we still have a job to do, and I’m doing it, but we need to be smart and do things the right way to protect all of us and our families from this.

Unregistered
    I hate to defend this circus but we were all issued bags of PPE last year, which included N95 masks and gowns.
    1 mask. 1 gown and 1 pair of glasses. I'm not sure how you got masks and gowns, plural.

Unregistered
    We all have ONE mask in those kits. Tampa Fire shows up and each one of them are wearing a mask. So if we use our ONE mask, we have to wait to get a replacement from our grumpy logistics guy who will whine and complain about getting you one the whole time.

Unregistered
    1 mask. 1 gown and 1 pair of glasses. I'm not sure how you got masks and gowns, plural.
    Because we aren't all sharing the same bag...

Unregistered
    Those supplies were issued for a one time emergency situation. Anybody who thinks that ANY department was prepared for a world wide pandemic is living in fantasy land. It is true that some agencies have been able to get supplies quicker than us but that is not the command staff's fault. The truth is that many people at this agency are just miserable people who will never be happy at work or anywhere else for that matter. That is why they complain about every decision, every time.

To compound that issue, these same people are the one's that the Chief is close with. They are either pulling the wool over his eyes or he is a hypocrite. Maybe some of both.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast