I feel lucky - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I feel lucky

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Really? Every single person at DBPR is doing the best they can to help the state through this pandemic. Sure there have been a few missteps but considering no one has experience in this we are doing great. We all need to stay focused and do the best job possible. For you and others to come on a public site and bash our team and start rumors about furloughs is unacceptable. What am I doing you ask? The right thing. And you?
    Actually, the furlough rumor IS happening. Not rumor. Expect and EO by week's end!

Unregistered
    Sworn will not be furloughed.

Unregistered
    Sworn will not be furloughed.
    You are correct. From what I have heard, all ISII's, AAII's, and light duty FTE's sworn or not will be furloughed through at least the end of May.

Unregistered
    You are correct. From what I have heard, all ISII's, AAII's, and light duty FTE's sworn or not will be furloughed through at least the end of May.
    Please don't add to the stress with these unsubstantiated rumors.

Unregistered
    You got me worried now. Can I use my vacation time during the layoff

Unregistered
    This is where karma comes in to play for all of you working 3 and 4 hour days (if that) since 2008. The State will finally get it back from you thieves and unfortunately the honest and hard workers too!

Unregistered
    No please tell me this is not true

Unregistered

Furloughs

If you don't think furloughs can happen think again. Just take a look statewide so far. Hospitals, Businesses, County Government, Cities are all starting to enact furloughs. As for Law Enforcement, that would be considered an essential service for most. But in our case, what we do and are doing now in no way is an essential service. We are not a frontline agency. When the decision makers take a look at what we are doing it will be a no brainer. So, all I am saying is get prepared. The longer this continues the more potential for wide spread furloughs is highly probable.

NOT ABT
    If you don't think furloughs can happen think again. Just take a look statewide so far. Hospitals, Businesses, County Government, Cities are all starting to enact furloughs. As for Law Enforcement, that would be considered an essential service for most. But in our case, what we do and are doing now in no way is an essential service. We are not a frontline agency. When the decision makers take a look at what we are doing it will be a no brainer. So, all I am saying is get prepared. The longer this continues the more potential for wide spread furloughs is highly probable.

Whatever misguided idea you have about “Frontline” is incorrect. You agents are visiting and regulating some of the most highly trafficked restaurants and establishments during a stay at home order and making multiple contacts during this global pandemic. Meanwhile, most deputies and troopers are sitting in their patrol cars all day and detectives are working from home. You need to do your coworkers and the world a favor and take break from the internet for a while because you’re extremely clueless and you insult all of their hard work and sacrifice thus far.

Unregistered
    A furlough is considered unemployment and you can collect unemployment from the state.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast