CC Lateral
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CC Lateral

Unregistered

CC Lateral

Looking to lateral from another state. Just some basic questions anyone would have.

Is the process fairly simple and accommodating for an out of state lateral?

What kind of shifts does CC work and are they bidded by seniority?

Is there a lot of off duty stuff to supplement income?

Will I have to get sprayed and tased again?

How are the schools?

Houses seem fairly cheap...is there something I’m missing? Like huge HOA fees or something?

Any other advice or recommendations are appreciated.

Unregistered
    Also, do laterals start out at the trainee pay or higher?

Unregistered
    Just call the Professional Standards Bureau

Unregistered
    We have a tier system for days and nights, just know you will be on patrol for a minimum of 5 to 7 years. You start at base pay like everyone else. There is enough details, about 3 a month plus OT. The hiring is simple, like everyone elses, just our background is very thorough. You do not get to "bring seniority" over in reference to pay, shifts, or anything else. You can buy back years but it will cost you. Houses are affordable.

Unregistered
    Yes you get sprayed and tased again, no opting out.

Unregistered
    Thanks for the replies. Do you guys work 12s?

I make about 350 a week here doing extra details with our minimum being 35/hr. Is your guys similar to that?

Unregistered
    Patrol works 12’s, with detectives typically working 10’s and some admin positions working 8’s. The detail rate is also $35/hr with occasional emergency rate details at $50/hr.

Unregistered
    Cool thanks for the info. Overall as far as from a family perspective, is CC area a smarter move than say Pinellas county?

Unregistered
    Probably cheaper than pinnellas but just a heads up when the training staff and FTOs find out your a lateral they will treat you like garbage and way worse than the rookies out of the academy. I think it’s cause they feel threatened or jealous you have experience. Its quite wrong in my opinion.

Unregistered
    Sounds backwards. And toxic. Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast