Ppe
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ppe

Unregistered

Ppe

Has anyone gotten anything to protect you? Are we screening people when they get to work? Where is the PBA? the S--t is about to hit the fan next week. We will start dropping officers very fast next week. HCSO and Pasco has online report taking we have people taking them over the phone. We still have officers going to BS CALLS. East Tampa has a war going on and we need a city wide curfew put in place, There are over 200 people in parking lots just hanging out and exposing more Officers.

Unregistered
    Shut up Abe stop blaming the PBA for everything

Unregistered
    We’ve been given absolutely nothing for PPE by TPD and we are now going to be providing free security for grocery stores since restaurants are no longer serving dine in customers. I know this situation is unprecedented but come on, does staff just have a wheel they are spinning or a dartboard with random solutions to different problems on it? Your going to go against everything the CDC and medical community has been saying and force us to have inevitable contact with shoppers at grocery and retail stores? for what? If Publix, Walmart or Winn Dixie wants security guards, let them hire some. If they want cops, let them go through the extra duty office. From the looks of this board there are apparently some people who want the extra money so let them have it.

This is not Abe and I am not bashing the Union. I don’t have an issue with them and I really don’t have an issue with anyone making the decisions since they are seeing things from 10 floors up and not on the ground. It’s sad that the only PPE we have is what we have purchased or scavenged on our own. Oh, BTW please save the chest thumping “you signed up for this”, “we run toward when everyone else runs away” crap for your next thin blue line or punisher tattoo. I don’t want to hear your sheepdog mantras cause that’s not what I’m talking about. I haven’t had any problem being spit on, bled on, bitten, scratched, punched or kicked in this job and I also realize that any one of the people I have dealt with can have AIDS, MRSA, Hep A through C, TB, the flu (which your more likely to get from a squad mate) or even COVID 19. Yes we still have a job to do, and I’m doing it, but we need to be smart and do things the right way to protect all of us and our families from this. Medical personnel are truly the “tip of the spear” (There are you happy?) on this one and every one I have seen thus far has been properly equipped by their employers to do their job.

Unregistered
    News shows agencies have protections and masks but not us. Dugan is a failed leader time for him to go. He makes horrible decisions and is a ego maniac.

Unregistered
    He does know what type of pie we all like.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    News shows agencies have protections and masks but not us. Dugan is a failed leader time for him to go. He makes horrible decisions and is a ego maniac.
    Serious question. Has anyone been issued any type of medical/surgical mask or N95 respiratory mask by TPD? I for one have not nor have I seen anyone with one.

Unregistered
    We should shelf the BWC program and shit spotter and use that money to buy us the best gear that we can get to protect us so we can take care of each other and the citizens of Tampa.

Unregistered
    Only half of the departments nationwide have BWC due to the costs. It is cheaper to pay out a lawsuit than having to pay for the ever increasing costs to store the data.

Shot Spotter is being dumped by many departments due to the costs and the lousy results.

I second the motion to cancel these programs and use the money to buy us the proper safety equipment that we are all going to need over the next 6 to 18 months or more.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Only half of the departments nationwide have BWC due to the costs. It is cheaper to pay out a lawsuit than having to pay for the ever increasing costs to store the data.

Shot Spotter is being dumped by many departments due to the costs and the lousy results.

I second the motion to cancel these programs and use the money to buy us the proper safety equipment that we are all going to need over the next 6 to 18 months or more.
    I agree as well.

Unregistered
    Drop participants, be smart and leave!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast