Just some facts you might want to know. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Being you can't even follow simple instructions on a internet forum, I definitely don't want you to represent anything to do with my career.

Which reminds me...since we are an attorney based union, we use attorneys in pre-determination hearings as well as last chance hearings/agreements. We don’t send stewards to do an attorneys job. Especially if your job depends on it. Thanks for reminding me.

Unregistered
    Why are so many Central Florida agencies leaving the pba?

Unregistered
    Why are so many Central Florida agencies leaving the pba?

It depends on the agency...but mostly the PBA made a lot of promises and in each case failed to deliver. They promised one agency a STEP plan when the recession ended. Never happened. They told another agency they would negotiate cheaper health care. Never happened. They promised to use attorneys for negotiations...but then sent a couple of senior officers and a steward to the table. As one officer put it “PBA is long on promise and short on Performance”.

PBA also has a habit of cozying up to management. A lot of the guys felt that the PBA was more concerned with maintaining a relationship with the admin than they were with repping their dues payers.

There were a lot of reasons...terrible contracts, minimal raises, no Impact bargaining etc etc... Folks were stuck with the PBA and FOP for a lot of years. When they found out there was another union around our membership exploded.

Unregistered
    It depends on the agency...but mostly the PBA made a lot of promises and in each case failed to deliver. They promised one agency a STEP plan when the recession ended. Never happened. They told another agency they would negotiate cheaper health care. Never happened. They promised to use attorneys for negotiations...but then sent a couple of senior officers and a steward to the table. As one officer put it “PBA is long on promise and short on Performance”.

PBA also has a habit of cozying up to management. A lot of the guys felt that the PBA was more concerned with maintaining a relationship with the admin than they were with repping their dues payers.

There were a lot of reasons...terrible contracts, minimal raises, no Impact bargaining etc etc... Folks were stuck with the PBA and FOP for a lot of years. When they found out there was another union around our membership exploded.
    Fake news lies!!!

PBA has real attorneys and is not controlled by anti-cop union bosses at the AFL-CIO who hate us cops.

Unregistered
    Fake news lies!!!

PBA has real attorneys and is not controlled by anti-cop union bosses at the AFL-CIO who hate us cops.

LOL...OK. Then you tell me why a dozen PBA agencies have gone IUPA in the past several years ? I’m all ears.

And by the way...Two more central Florida agencies are getting ready to make the jump. We will report that here when they do. They are expected to file in early May. Both units have been PBA since the mid 70s. No more.

Do you want to talk about Aventura ? Or Hallandale ? They just looking for a “change of pace” ? LOL

Unregistered
    Here since you need something ironed out.

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/showthr...Before-Posting

F**k off.
    Obviously a PBA leader! I have been reading the PBA's posts for a couple years now! What is clear to me, is there is ZERO PROFESSIONALISM! ZERO! I am tired of the name calling!

Unregistered
    Obviously a PBA leader! I have been reading the PBA's posts for a couple years now! What is clear to me, is there is ZERO PROFESSIONALISM! ZERO! I am tired of the name calling!
    Yes, doesn’t look good when they do it. Don’t think it helps with membership drives either.

Unregistered
    Yes, doesn’t look good when they do it. Don’t think it helps with membership drives either.
    LOL!!! there's no membership drive for the pba it's fake news! Pba membership is at an all time low!

Unregistered
    LOL!!! there's no membership drive for the pba it's fake news! Pba membership is at an all time low!
    Not sure what the percentage is here for membership...but PBA units tend to hover at 50% or less in membership. We are closing in on a jail in central Florida with 200 officers...of which only 10 folks are still with the PBA. Pretty abysmal.

Unregistered
    There is no doubt that this might be the beginning of The end for the PBA. Members and units are dropping the PBA in record numbers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast