Just some facts you might want to know.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Just some facts you might want to know.

I am an IUPA employee. Have been for almost 5 years. Before that I worked for the Teamsters.

I have never met Mr. Steadman Stahl.
    I have never met Mr. Rivera.
    I have never met Mr. Jenkins.

I am not interested in smearing anyone or getting into a back and forth hate fest. I don’t like to make things about personalities. When it comes to unions I want to know what that union can/can’t do for me. What benefits do they provide and what do they bring to the table in the way of negotiating skills. I don’t care about who is an alcoholic...or who is sleeping with whom. It’s ridiculous talk and a waste of time.

There has been much disinformation on these sites about IUPA. I just want to clear some of it up. That’s all. Put it on the table and let you decide.

IUPA represents over 120,000 police officers and corrections officers nation wide. Milwaukee PD. Salt Lake City. Memphis PD Boston, and the Virgin Islands are just some of the units that come to mind. Whoever is telling folks that we are a “rinky dink” outfit that represents 12 cops is crazy. We have been having trouble keeping up with the requests from other agencies to organize. In Volusia County alone we have gone from 25 members to 800 members in 18 months. We have literally taken over Central Florida since 2017. Here are just a few of the agencies in Florida that have either joined IUPA outright...or jumped ship from the PBA:

Sarasota PD
    Volusia County Sheriffs Office
    Volusia County Branch Jail
    Flagler PD
    Vero Beach PD
    Deland PD
    New Smyrna PD
    Clermont PD
    Broward County SO (BSO)
    Indian River County SO
    Port St. Lucie PD
    St. Lucie County
    Orange City PD

Our LDF legal defense fund was audited at close to 40 million dollars in late 2019. An extremely healthy legal fund and rated one of the best in the nation. An LDF with no cap on costs. We take you from “bang” all the way through civil court if need be. No one looks at the check book with one eye through out the process.

We only use the best attorneys with our critical incident callouts. Our attorneys are so efficient and so well liked in central Florida that the saying goes “these attorneys get here before the gunsmoke dissipates”. We never have complaints. Multiple officers involved ? Then we use multiple attorneys. We never put officers in a position where one can “roll over” on another causing a conflict of interest. You pay dues- we give you the best we have. We use only experienced attorneys at our scenes. No one “breaks cherry” while your ass is flapping in the breeze.

There’s a lot more to us than what folks have read and heard....especially if it was posted up here on a LEO affairs thread. I will check this thread often and will answer any questions one may have. I’m going to keep it clean and not bash anyone. I’d like to see others stick to issues (not personalities).

The union you choose...and the team you send to the table will impact your future and your families future. You need all the info you can get in order to make it an informed decision.

Thank you for your time and God bless.

Unregistered

Very Professional!

Candor and poise, Along with character and honesty. I commend you for coming on here and yes unfortunately there’s a lot of smear and a lot of it is truth. But the fact remains that we need to change All across-the-board we are not taken care of by any of the leader ship in the PBA and you posting this really means a lot to some of us I will keep it clean and I am very interested thank you for your post.
    Very interested PO

Unregistered
    Take this shit to the union board and stop spamming here

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Take this shit to the union board and stop spamming here
    Not spamming sir/madam...just presenting the facts as I know them. I’ll answer any questions you might have. Or I can meet with you face to face to discuss any issues you might need ironed out. I seek only to educate.

Unregistered
    Here since you need something ironed out.

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/showthr...Before-Posting

F**k off.

Unregistered
    Here since you need something ironed out.

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/showthr...Before-Posting

F**k off.
    That’s very rude of you. I look forward to representing you in the future. It will be my pleasure to serve.

Unregistered
    When will PLEA/IUPA be at Cutler Bay? We need to sign the cards and push this to a vote!

Unregistered
    That’s very rude of you. I look forward to representing you in the future. It will be my pleasure to serve.
    Being you can't even follow simple instructions on a internet forum, I definitely don't want you to represent anything to do with my career.

Unregistered
    When will PLEA/IUPA be at Cutler Bay? We need to sign the cards and push this to a vote!
    Soon. We’ve been concentrating on the jails and corrections officers. Cutler Bay is near the top of the list.

Unregistered
    Being you can't even follow simple instructions on a internet forum, I definitely don't want you to represent anything to do with my career.
    All this energy you have wasted jousting with me...and not a single question ? But alas, I will be up here on and off for most of the day if you can think of anything.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast