Rule: 11B-27.00213(4)

Unregistered

Rule: 11B-27.00213(4)

I have out-of-state corrections experience.

I was employed with FL DOC last year on a TEA. I resigned one week prior to the basic academy start date with a 2 week notice.

This month I applied to a county corrections trainee position. I was approved to follow through their testing process and an interview.

The next day I received a call from a HR department representative who informed me that it is required to have a 4 year gap in employment before reapplying for a position in the same discipline (corrections) according to Rule: 11B-27.00213(4).

I decided to call the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Criminal Justice Professionalism Division to find out if I had any options. I was informed that I can submit a Variance/Waiver.

Although I have a 4 year restriction from applying to another corrections position within the State of Florida, I can apply to a Police Academy Sponsorship to become a Police Officer.

Has anyone experienced this situation before?

Unregistered

11b-27.00213(4)

"(4) Agencies applying to temporarily employ or appoint an individual who has had a previous TEA registered with the Commission in the same discipline, may do so only if:

(a) The individual was previously certified as a full-time or part-time officer; or

(b) The individual was previously hired on a TEA and has separated from the employing agency or discontinued training while still in good standing, and has had a break-in-service from the last employment for a minimum of four years. Such individual shall comply with the firearms training requirements pursuant to rule 11B-35.0024, F.A.C. and section 943.17(1)(a), F.S., unless the agency administrator has waived such requirements in subsection (2) of this rule section, and shall enroll in a Commission-approved Basic Recruit Training Program within 180 days of employment in the first training program offered in the geographic area, or in the first assigned state training program for a state officer."

Unregistered Alien
    Just submit a variance. They quickly approve that shit all the time.

Unregistered
    🤔 I'll give it a go.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have out-of-state corrections experience.

I was employed with FL DOC last year on a TEA. I resigned one week prior to the basic academy start date with a 2 week notice.

This month I applied to a county corrections trainee position. I was approved to follow through their testing process and an interview.

The next day I received a call from a HR department representative who informed me that it is required to have a 4 year gap in employment before reapplying for a position in the same discipline (corrections) according to Rule: 11B-27.00213(4).

I decided to call the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Criminal Justice Professionalism Division to find out if I had any options. I was informed that I can submit a Variance/Waiver.

Although I have a 4 year restriction from applying to another corrections position within the State of Florida, I can apply to a Police Academy Sponsorship to become a Police Officer.

Has anyone experienced this situation before?
    Yes. All you need to do is submit an ID10T form to the HR department and you should be good to go. They have the forms there. Just call HR and ask for one.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes. All you need to do is submit an ID10T form to the HR department and you should be good to go. They have the forms there. Just call HR and ask for one.
    😀 nice. I'm doing that right now...