Law Enforcement Treatment of Probation Officers In the Field

Unregistered

Law Enforcement Treatment of Probation Officers In the Field

I know for the most part probation officers and law enforcement get alone fine but has anyone ever had encounters/stories involving grievance from law enforcement, been looked down to, or flat out disrespect by law enforcement when working out in the field in a probation officer's capacity.

Unregistered
    Every damn day. Where did you get the notion that Probation Officers and LEO's get along fine?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Every damn day. Where did you get the notion that Probation Officers and LEO's get along fine?
    I've mainly myself heard they get along neutral or positive with each other. Are you a FL probation officer? What's your views and story on this if you have had any incidents happen to you or coworkers? I'm curious in general

Unregistered
    The problem has always been not knowing who we are. People including local Leo's don't know the major differences between State P&P vs MM or Juvenile. They are major. Most importantly we are FDLE certified and the others are not. We actually serve Felony Warrants and carry firearms, the others do not. Many large states separate by calling Officer's , Agents. We have over come a lot of this but still a long way to go. I still remember a Field Officer in Chiefland getting arrested for carrying a firearm....Needless to say he received a large check

Unregistered
    The problem has always been not knowing who we are. People including local Leo's don't know the major differences between State P&P vs MM or Juvenile. They are major. Most importantly we are FDLE certified and the others are not. We actually serve Felony Warrants and carry firearms, the others do not. Many large states separate by calling Officer's , Agents. We have over come a lot of this but still a long way to go. I still remember a Field Officer in Chiefland getting arrested for carrying a firearm....Needless to say he received a large check
    At the end of the day you are like the rest of me, wannabe cops..You are half of the problem. Stop acting like you are something you arent

Unregistered
    I'm a retired police officer who always had a great working relationship with the Probation Officers in my city. Maybe things have changed, but if not, I thought only deputies could actually serve warrants. I mean, other LEOs could make arrests on them, but only a deputy could actually serve it. Plus on search warrants, you always had to have a deputy with you to actually serve it.

Please stay safe and keep up the good work that I know that your officers do. I know that you are under appreciated.

Unregistered

Respect

I always received nothing but respect before I retired. However the quality of the officers is crap now. Most of them dress like hookers or bums. Probation officers will get respect when it’s merited.