Riddle me this... Mental health epidemic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Riddle me this... Mental health epidemic

CRIT, CIT, CIT Tracking form, CRIT follow ups, mental health deputies, CIT deputies, coordinators, meetings, and so on and so forth...

Lets set aside all this COVID-19 distraction along with the whole Tiger King TMZ media opportunity for you know who, and lets get back to a exponentially growing problem that has been directly dumped on.

The mental health epidemic in this county and how its been dumped on it law enforcement officers.

Can anyone with experience explain how other states, cities, and counties deal with their mentally ill? By they, I mean their governments. Here in this county, when someone is in a mental health crisis and calls 211 or reaches out for help, they only get a cop at their door and a few hours at a lame crisis center. A Baker act and cut back loose in less than a day. 72 hour hold you say? Yeah.. BULL SHIT.

Why did our local government dump the problem on us?
    Why do we carry so much liability if a person we don't baker act kills or hurts someone, yet hospitals can rescind our baker acts 2 hours after stopping them off to a receiving facility?
    Why does our agency allow this issue to be dumped on us?
    Why did this agency actually choose to take on this issue?
    Why do we no longer institutionalize the mentally ill long term?

These crazy people we deal with are just that! Crazy! Not consumers! Not patients! They are crazy dangerous people. When we end up having to use force or deadly for on these dangerous people, we somehow get blamed. How about they got themselves shot and blame our government for not keeping them in secure facilities.

This is not a gun problem. No the AR-15 does not need to be ban to prevent school shootings by insane juveniles. CRAZY PEOPLE NEED TO BE LOCKED UP! We need to bring back asylums! Im getting tired of dealing with nasty mean rude crazy people in crisis. Its time to keep us and citizens safe.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    CRIT, CIT, CIT Tracking form, CRIT follow ups, mental health deputies, CIT deputies, coordinators, meetings, and so on and so forth...

Lets set aside all this COVID-19 distraction along with the whole Tiger King TMZ media opportunity for you know who, and lets get back to a exponentially growing problem that has been directly dumped on.

The mental health epidemic in this county and how its been dumped on it law enforcement officers.

Can anyone with experience explain how other states, cities, and counties deal with their mentally ill? By they, I mean their governments. Here in this county, when someone is in a mental health crisis and calls 211 or reaches out for help, they only get a cop at their door and a few hours at a lame crisis center. A Baker act and cut back loose in less than a day. 72 hour hold you say? Yeah.. BULL SHIT.

Why did our local government dump the problem on us?
    Why do we carry so much liability if a person we don't baker act kills or hurts someone, yet hospitals can rescind our baker acts 2 hours after stopping them off to a receiving facility?
    Why does our agency allow this issue to be dumped on us?
    Why did this agency actually choose to take on this issue?
    Why do we no longer institutionalize the mentally ill long term?

These crazy people we deal with are just that! Crazy! Not consumers! Not patients! They are crazy dangerous people. When we end up having to use force or deadly for on these dangerous people, we somehow get blamed. How about they got themselves shot and blame our government for not keeping them in secure facilities.

This is not a gun problem. No the AR-15 does not need to be ban to prevent school shootings by insane juveniles. CRAZY PEOPLE NEED TO BE LOCKED UP! We need to bring back asylums! Im getting tired of dealing with nasty mean rude crazy people in crisis. Its time to keep us and citizens safe.
    STFU and quit if you’re tired of it, steroid boy.

Unregistered
    You STFU and quit! Everything this deputy wrote is true, and if you don’t see it, you’re so out of touch that you must be sitting at the top of this broke down palace of lies!!! What makes us qualified to decide if someone is crazy enough to meet the qualifications of a baker act? My 40 hour CIT class? Don’t baker act if he doesn’t say the phrase that pays, but if you don’t and he kills someone, it’s your fault. This is NOT my job! I’m not a doctor. I’m a deputy!

We take on too much crap for too many people. The best part of this Coronavirus bs is that we have been canceling bs calls or allowing people to self report, and we haven’t been doing every other agencies’ jobs for them. The only thing we have been doing that is not our problem, is baker acts and expartes. All day every day. This should 100% be Grace Point’s issue and not ours.

The OP is on pointe so you STFU and quit b!tch boy!

Unregistered
    Your STFU and steroid boy comments are so lame. Whomever says this can't possibly work for any1 that matters in you all's world. This person is just an instigator that you all need not to feed in to and learn to ignore!!!

Unregistered
    You STFU and quit! Everything this deputy wrote is true, and if you don’t see it, you’re so out of touch that you must be sitting at the top of this broke down palace of lies!!! What makes us qualified to decide if someone is crazy enough to meet the qualifications of a baker act? My 40 hour CIT class? Don’t baker act if he doesn’t say the phrase that pays, but if you don’t and he kills someone, it’s your fault. This is NOT my job! I’m not a doctor. I’m a deputy!

We take on too much crap for too many people. The best part of this Coronavirus bs is that we have been canceling bs calls or allowing people to self report, and we haven’t been doing every other agencies’ jobs for them. The only thing we have been doing that is not our problem, is baker acts and expartes. All day every day. This should 100% be Grace Point’s issue and not ours.

The OP is on pointe so you STFU and quit b!tch boy!
    No! You don’t say that! You don’t get to decide what is and is not your problem. Your job is not to decide what you think the agency should respond to. Your job is to do exactly as you are told and that’s it. You STFU and do as you’re told and you do it with a smile and you say “thank you, Sheriff Chronister!” every two weeks when your paycheck is deposited. You’re going to respond to Baker Acts and you’re going to handle Baker Acts.

Unregistered
    No! You don’t say that! You don’t get to decide what is and is not your problem. Your job is not to decide what you think the agency should respond to. Your job is to do exactly as you are told and that’s it. You STFU and do as you’re told and you do it with a smile and you say “thank you, Sheriff Chronister!” every two weeks when your paycheck is deposited. You’re going to respond to Baker Acts and you’re going to handle Baker Acts.
    I actually prefer “f you chad Chronister!”

Unregistered
    Disagreeing with someone is your absolute right, being outright rude is ridiculous, guess it is your right as well. So go tell him, or grow up. Are you a coward, or is your free speech limited to your keyboard. No balls, or whatever you claim.

Unregistered
    Disagreeing with someone is your absolute right, being outright rude is ridiculous, guess it is your right as well. So go tell him, or grow up. Are you a coward, or is your free speech limited to your keyboard. No balls, or whatever you claim.
    HCSO doesn’t respect free speech!

Unregistered
    Nobody respects telling the Sheriff to fu via anonymous keyboard conversations.

Unregistered
    Here is the deal. If I, If we, if cops, if the peace keepers, if the law enforcers are made to deal with a very old MEDICAL problem that HAS BEEN NEGLECTED AND ALLOWED to evolve by a piss poor greedy government, then we sure as hell have a say. We are the ones that deal with these crazy insane disgusting people that refuse help and refuse to respond to treatment. If we are made to put our lives on the line and if we are made to take on this liability, then we should speak up and take a stand.

How many stories have you heard of a crazy person that has killed and then the deputies or officers that have evaluated that person in the past being questioned and held liable? Then every sig 20 call response at their disgusting trailers, dirty apartments, or rotten houses that LEO’s went to are scrutinized. We are not FUKKING psychic and we are not psychotherapists. Too easy to throw a few of us pawns away to protect the greater agency or government. One that fails do do what truly needs to be done.

MENTAL HEALTH IS A MEDICAL PROBLEM. Not a criminal problem.

Our crisis centers, hospitals, receiving facilities, EMS, BLS, HCFR, TFR and who ever in the fuk works in a field that is more medical than the police, need to coordinate with our piss poor county commissions, incorporated cities, and state leaders to creat a collaboration and response teams to respond, evaluate, transport, treat, and if it doesn't work, file the court papers and LOCK THEM UP In long term institutions. Our ONLY function should be security, if need be, and ZERO LIABILITY!!!!

This is one of many problem that shows if police agency leaders have balls enough to tell their local governments to fuk off of if they are little *****h yes men.

Im sure our county has suckerd our agency into taking this on.

When is our safety going to matter? How about stop making us liability shields to assshole receiving facilities.

WE ARE THE CHEAP DISPOSABLE ALTERNATIVES TO REAL SOLUTIONS.

Thats what being a deputy is really about. For al you people thinking of applying and for all you fake hero Kool Aid drinkers that are too dumb to see it, we are just as expendable that the tires on our patrol cars.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast