MDSPD or PB School PD?

Unregistered

MDSPD or PB School PD?

Moving down south before year’s end and looking to join an agency that is very flexible with scheduling. I’ve done shift work for most of my career and am over it.

Now on to my reason for posting. I’ve read through both agencies recent threads and realize both have similar issues. Is there anyone that has worked at both? Do you offer take homes? What is the salaries? Most importantly how is the current work environment? Does administration back their officers and the agency?

Unregistered
    Well, PB has a 24 hour shift. So you can make overtime there going to court from doing traffic. Don’t rely on 59’s anymore.

Unregistered
    We (MDSPD) is a bigger school system and our department is a larger agency. In fact, our county as a whole is bigger.
    Can’t say I know too much about Palm Beach Schools Police other than we recently had a guy who worked there as their chief come here as a major and he was a total and complete idiot. An arrogant, self serving, frigging jerk who thought and acted like he knew it all. He was buddies with our former chief who was even worse.
    Our current focus is on basic school policing due to a legislative requirement, post Parkland.
    Our biggest challenge here is our command staff as most of them our either retired on duty, incompetent or both. Overall, it’s easy money, with a take home and not too bad.