Dorman for chief!!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    I might be wrong but I do believe the charter states the Chief is required to live in the city limits. Might be something the press could look into.

Unregistered
    No, you are right! Polk County is one of the charter counties in Florida. And guess who does not live in the city limits of Bartow? That’s right the DC! He lives in Lakeland

Unregistered
    What about Tag for Chief?

Unregistered
    Most agencies do require the chief to live in the city limits.

Unregistered
    That leaves Dorman and Tag out! None of the supervisors live in the city. I heard every division there is falling apart at the seams now. I’m smelling green over blue any day now.

Unregistered
    Couldn’t the city change that or he could move as a requirement to accepting the position?

Unregistered
    He would have to move and don’t see that happening

Unregistered
    Polk county as a whole does not require a chief of police to live within the city limits. Wishful thinking on your part. There are multiple different chiefs within the county That do not live within their respective city limits.

Unregistered
    Over the past 20 years chiefs lived in the city limits. They may not be able to make an exception, depends on charter.

Unregistered
    Not wishful thinking on my part. Every week good employees are walking out so don’t you think the citizens of Bartow are wondering what’s going to cause this?

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast