Dorman for chief!!! - Page 20
Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    We definitely need new role models in EVERY department. I think WS is the only true role model we have. He speaks to you everyday no matter who you are and is positive unlike other supervisors that ignore you like you’re not even there. Definitely time for a complete overhaul

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We definitely need new role models in EVERY department. I think WS is the only true role model we have. He speaks to you everyday no matter who you are and is positive unlike other supervisors that ignore you like you’re not even there. Definitely time for a complete overhaul
    We have several good supervisors but it sounds like your disgruntal. I have a good idea of who you are and you are the problem. You have caused conflict with every section you have worked in. Officer's hated to working with you in patrol because you were never there. You always act entitled and start rumors with the few who willl listen to you. Almost time for you to retire. By Felicia

Unregistered
    As a citizen I want to see a Chief of Police live in the community where they serve. This should also be the case for any Commanding officers. I was told the Sheriff require his deputies live in the county where they serve. This only makes since so officers are not just collecting a pay check but take a more personal role in protecting and interacting with the community they serve. Hopefully our commissioners will see this and agree.

Unregistered
    I agree with you completely but unfortunately none of the people in command live in the city limits or even close to it. As for some of the officers they don’t even live in Polk County.

Unregistered
    This agency is a dang joke. Armed security; nothing more. Having another agency handle serious crimes because “we can’t”. What happened in the past 10 years?!!? It use to be so good and now it’s the laughing stock. I wish we could bring back some old school leadership. The current administration is a joke, albeit, not laughable at all.

Unregistered
    Joe Hall never let another agency work our crimes. He was not personable with people but he knew how to be an administrator.

Unregistered
    Get BD and MS out of the department. They have no clue of what the heck to do. No experience other then milking the pay check.

Unregistered
    The city of Bartow needs to hire a new chief. They need to advertise this position in several outlets other than local papers or the city web site. There are only 3 people of color out of 40 employees at the department. Instead of using employees for oral boards we need to use professional outside recruitment firms. This city has a large amount of POC and we need to add diversity and opportunity for this in our hiring process. Why, because the citizens deserve this and it will help with unification of our citizens. Kids in our community need to see our agency represents people of all colors. They meed role models and people who look like them for a better way of buolding trust. As it stands they do not see this. Yes I have heard we dont pay enough to bring applicants or other lame excuses like this. So raise the pay city officials and lets get into the new century which our young people expect and deserve. Remember to build a community and bring in business people of all colors need to feel they are a part of the growth. I'm sure I will get negative comments and this is expected but remeber this. Within the past two years we have had negative and controversial issues. With these issues we have failed by allowing it to continue like a cancer. There are solutions but it appears no one in the right positions want to step up and demand change. God bless all of you officers.
    It’s obvious you haven’t been around the department much because we have several officers of color, in less you are calling Hispanics white. We have white, Hispanic, black, straight, and gay employees. So what I’m assuming is you want more blacks, sounds a little raciest to me. Well we have had several black employees but they either leave for better pay or get arrested for messing around with a 15 year old. I’m good with a black, white, or Hispanic chief male or female as longs as they are fair and look out for their people who do the right thing.

Unregistered
    WS is also one of the first people to stab you in the back if it gets him brownie points.

Unregistered
    We have several good supervisors but it sounds like your disgruntal. I have a good idea of who you are and you are the problem. You have caused conflict with every section you have worked in. Officer's hated to working with you in patrol because you were never there. You always act entitled and start rumors with the few who willl listen to you. Almost time for you to retire. By Felicia
    They need to fire her butt, she’s been worthless since she’s been employed there.

Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast