Dorman for chief!!! - Page 19
Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It was the right decision because the detectives in DB are very new along with inexperienced. Not trying to be harsh but it is truth. DC knows what he is doing so just go with it.
    Knows what he is doing......based on what? Lol

Unregistered
    The city of Bartow needs to hire a new chief. They need to advertise this position in several outlets other than local papers or the city web site. There are only 3 people of color out of 40 employees at the department. Instead of using employees for oral boards we need to use professional outside recruitment firms. This city has a large amount of POC and we need to add diversity and opportunity for this in our hiring process. Why, because the citizens deserve this and it will help with unification of our citizens. Kids in our community need to see our agency represents people of all colors. They meed role models and people who look like them for a better way of buolding trust. As it stands they do not see this. Yes I have heard we dont pay enough to bring applicants or other lame excuses like this. So raise the pay city officials and lets get into the new century which our young people expect and deserve. Remember to build a community and bring in business people of all colors need to feel they are a part of the growth. I'm sure I will get negative comments and this is expected but remeber this. Within the past two years we have had negative and controversial issues. With these issues we have failed by allowing it to continue like a cancer. There are solutions but it appears no one in the right positions want to step up and demand change. God bless all of you officers.

Unregistered
    Same here on above

Unregistered
    So that I understand it, the Bartow police department is a full service agency but you have another agency working felony investigations? I don’t think you can have it both ways; either you are full service or you aren’t. I don’t need to hear excuses about manpower, training, or experience; just posing the question.

Unregistered
    Well to explain we have a Interim Chief who has only been an administrotor a couple of years. He is a good person but has a little bit of "I'm smarter than you" attitude. The Captain who is second in command and just promoted from her Sergeant position where she spent 2 years as a supervisor. So do the math your self on this. What the agency needs is a Chief with years of administration and investigation experience. Problem is the city manager in my opinion is trying to save money by not hiring a qualified chief and the officers are very underpaid.

Unregistered
    The whole department is underpaid and a lot of favoritism and bullying going on. The morale is extremely low and you have bosses that treats everyone like 2 year olds instead of the adults we are that make life changing decisions on our own everyday. They want us to work while their lazy fat butts double dip or cheat the city out of time and yes it still goes on because nobody pays attention.

Unregistered
    Stop being scared and putting up with people double dipping. Report it anonymously if your to scared to come forward. Even SOP states annonomous complaints have to be investigated.

Unregistered
    Stop being a little girl Agostino.

Unregistered
    The city of Bartow needs to hire a new chief. They need to advertise this position in several outlets other than local papers or the city web site. There are only 3 people of color out of 40 employees at the department. Instead of using employees for oral boards we need to use professional outside recruitment firms. This city has a large amount of POC and we need to add diversity and opportunity for this in our hiring process. Why, because the citizens deserve this and it will help with unification of our citizens. Kids in our community need to see our agency represents people of all colors. They meed role models and people who look like them for a better way of buolding trust. As it stands they do not see this. Yes I have heard we dont pay enough to bring applicants or other lame excuses like this. So raise the pay city officials and lets get into the new century which our young people expect and deserve. Remember to build a community and bring in business people of all colors need to feel they are a part of the growth. I'm sure I will get negative comments and this is expected but remeber this. Within the past two years we have had negative and controversial issues. With these issues we have failed by allowing it to continue like a cancer. There are solutions but it appears no one in the right positions want to step up and demand change. God bless all of you officers.

No problem with what you wrote, if Im a qualified person of color and have choice of working at an agency paying really low wages OR I have a choice of going to a well paid agency Im going to get paid. Hiring someone that is not qualified for the job just because of skin color is a mistake. I agree we should raise our starting pay. Do you have any idea how to do that? Weve been complaining for years. Sounds like you have some really great, ground breaking ideas. Maybe you should apply for chief.

Unregistered
    No problem with what you wrote, if Im a qualified person of color and have choice of working at an agency paying really low wages OR I have a choice of going to a well paid agency Im going to get paid. Hiring someone that is not qualified for the job just because of skin color is a mistake. I agree we should raise our starting pay. Do you have any idea how to do that? Weve been complaining for years. Sounds like you have some really great, ground breaking ideas. Maybe you should apply for chief.
    Solution; hire a new city manager.

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast