Promotions - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Promotions

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Collins is such a f#cking joke! Guess chadee poo needs that black vote. Liberal loser.
    , said the Grand Wizard of the Klan.

Unregistered
    When and where are the promotional ceremonies please? I would like to attend.

Unregistered
    When and where are the promotional ceremonies please? I would like to attend.
    If you are truly a professional, call Community Outreach and they will give you accurate information.

Unregistered
    Tell me this, wise ass, what harm would it do to tell me?

Unregistered
    Tell me this, wise ass, what harm would it do to tell me?
    Shut your god damn fukcing mouth you sonuvab!tch!!!

Unregistered
    Hit a nerve, did I?

Unregistered
    Who is Harris? Never heard of this goon!

Unregistered
    Then why criticize him? Maybe you are the goon.

Unregistered
    Who is Harris? Never heard of this goon!
    He’s that guy who’s better than you. That should narrow it down.

Unregistered
    Interesting. Some straight white males were promoted this time. But, with the amount of straight white males we have employed as deputies, their rate of promotion is (as usual) disproportionately low!

I'm just gonna throw some imaginary demographic numbers out there, to make a point. If 76% of our deputies were green Martians who were not attracted to other green Martians, then a proportionate number of transfers/promotions would include approximately 76% green Martians, who are not attracted to other green Martians.

If the other 24% of employed deputies were 10% orange aliens from Jupiter, 5% yellow aliens from Saturn, 8% red aliens from Mars, and 1% brown Klingons from Uranus, then a proportionate number of transfers/promotions would reflect this.

Nothing against all other types of deputies, including brown Klingons who fancy Uranus, but 76% of promotions/transfers should go to the 76% of green Martians who are not attracted to other green Martians.

Sucks to be a green Martian here.
    It pays to be a brown Klingon who likes Uranus!

DISPROPORTIONATE promotions and transfers!
    Hmm I’m sensing some hostility here. Keep in mind just because one is a minority does not necessarily mean they will obtain a promotion or transfer they seek. There are a lot of quality minorities, females, and non-minorities who aspire to grow and develop who are still in patrol (and patrol is not a bad job). If you are connected or are in the “in crowd” you are good. If not, you are often times on the outside looking in unfortunately. It would be nice if the process for obtaining promotions or transfers were streamlined and made fair. Especially pertaining to the test. Questions made by an employee who has never been a cop would seem to be more easily called into question versus a panel of people who are in the job (FTO’s, training, street supervisors, detectives). Not who you know or who knows you, but work history, recommendations, knowledge, skillS, abilities, et cetera. At least we still have jobs. Could be worse perhaps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast