SRD not caretakers - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered

Well Said

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thank you. You just made my case. Lol! If you’re and SRO now, you’re showing you’re ready to put your life on the line! Along with still trying to make a damn difference in a youths life. THAT IS COURAGE AND ADMIRABLE. Not just wearing a gun and a badge going intimidating people bc you ha e the “power” to do so! COWARDS! Reality check..being an SRO now means you better be READY!!! When you step foot on that Campus you better have the mindset to KILL anyone coming on your grounds to do harm! NO EXCEPTIONS!! So to all you ignorant so called cops that continue to poke out your chest THINKING you’re a “real cop” and SROs are not...SORRY!! No!! THEY are the ones that are showing they have courage now! NOT you BULLIES in your uniform. Having said that. THANK YOU to all law enforcement that have remained, continue to be, and are attempting to be SROs. A special thank you to my daughter’s SRO!
    Damn. Well first I am not coward bc I choose not be an SRO. However, I do agree that being an SRO now shows more courage than it did before.

Unregistered
    In 2018, when the MSDHS shooting occurred, SROs were not caregivers under state law and the courts had upheld that. So, charging Peterson with any kind iif child neglect was fatally flawed and half the charges against him will be thrown out for that reason. However, good news for all of you SROs out there, that was changed in 2019, when the ridiculous MSDHS security act was passed. It made SROs caregivers under statute. Bye-bye protection. Today, being an SRO is just committing professional suicide.
    You don't know that. This County has a history of reckless prosecutions against law enforcement and the liberal judges upholding them.

Unregistered
    You don't know that. This County has a history of reckless prosecutions against law enforcement and the liberal judges upholding them.
    I don't know what, exactly? You weren't to clear there.

Unregistered
    Sorry but the majority of SRO are useless. This is where they go and hide. I had to respond to calls at Pompano Middle when the heavy set b/f SRO was “10-6” off campus.

The principal finally got her removed.

Do your job or place a deputy who actually wants to work in a school, not some lazy old timer .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12