Take the gloves off

Unregistered

Take the gloves off

Enough is enough. Lift the pursuit policy and allow us to go after these guys. Who do you think isn’t stopping for our blue lights. Until then we just continue to turn around and drive the other way.

Unregistered
    I wish! What's wrong with putting some more decision making on the OIC or AOIC? That said, they have to know that even with careful consideration by the deputy and OIC a pursuit can turn south so dont crucify both if it goes bad accidentally. Our deputies are serious about getting the job done, but our sheriff and disciples are not. All about them saving their butts.

Unregistered
    Ask DG how well that worked out for him.

Unregistered

Reasons

Because it is precisely when things go bad during a supervisor approved pursuit (due to no fault of the OIC, AOIC, or Deputies) that the admin will discipline everyone involved so they can save face with the public and have an excuse to fend off lawsuits.

Supervisors won't approve pursuits because of fear of retribution from higher up and the thugs will continue to laugh all the way home because they know we won't continue to chase. I don't blame the lower level supervisors one bit because I am aware of the scrutiny they face and the threat to their careers if they stand up for themselves/deputies.

We are literally laughed at by the thugs and it is known to the admin (recorded proof). Baldwin can chase, Escambia AL can chase, Santa Rosa can chase, and the criminals KNOW we can't. Even more humiliating is when our fellow officers are chasing someone into our jurisdiction, we can't even back them up (if only just to trail behind), our brothers in blue, for fear of some catastrophe (I mean write up for a policy violation). I hope it changes but it will take a lot more sig 5s on the news to motivate that, and even then we all know that it will be a half measure like just for sig 10s which will have zero effect.

Some people have forgotten what it means to patrol the streets and serve the public. Doesn't Santa Rosa admin have to do a couple days ON PATROL every month so they don't lose the pulse of the rank and file? Hell I just saw Santa Rosa CAR 1 on TV cutting traffic stops and backing up officers...

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Because it is precisely when things go bad during a supervisor approved pursuit (due to no fault of the OIC, AOIC, or Deputies) that the admin will discipline everyone involved so they can save face with the public and have an excuse to fend off lawsuits.

Supervisors won't approve pursuits because of fear of retribution from higher up and the thugs will continue to laugh all the way home because they know we won't continue to chase. I don't blame the lower level supervisors one bit because I am aware of the scrutiny they face and the threat to their careers if they stand up for themselves/deputies.

We are literally laughed at by the thugs and it is known to the admin (recorded proof). Baldwin can chase, Escambia AL can chase, Santa Rosa can chase, and the criminals KNOW we can't. Even more humiliating is when our fellow officers are chasing someone into our jurisdiction, we can't even back them up (if only just to trail behind), our brothers in blue, for fear of some catastrophe (I mean write up for a policy violation). I hope it changes but it will take a lot more sig 5s on the news to motivate that, and even then we all know that it will be a half measure like just for sig 10s which will have zero effect.

Some people have forgotten what it means to patrol the streets and serve the public. Doesn't Santa Rosa admin have to do a couple days ON PATROL every month so they don't lose the pulse of the rank and file? Hell I just saw Santa Rosa CAR 1 on TV cutting traffic stops and backing up officers...
    I don't know about Alabama, but Santa Rosa does NOT have an open chase policy like you are referring to. They have restrictions in place