Burnout, mental health

Unregistered

Burnout, mental health

Do these great leaders of our great progressive agency not realize that once occupational burnout happens and our mental health is affected, there is no going back? EAP and some therapist at occupational health is reactive and wont cut it. Its a liability reducing bandaid fix. Once you are fully used up, emotionally drained, and burned out, it doesn't matter if our great sheriff hired Dr. Phill himself to work at our occupational health unit 24 hours a day. Any therapist will not have the tools to help us recover while still exposed to the very cause. They will recommend to find another job. To leave. Then start to heal. How is that a solution?

My question is, what has this modern progressive agency done to PREVENT burnout? Prevention. Anyone?

Hybrid Ford Explorers? No, thats for the environment.

New patches, decals, and his name on all the HCSO buildings? No, thats for his benefit.

Hmmmm. Minority and LGBQ promotions? No, thats for votes.

ILP? No, thats just fluff. Nothing new. Just wrapped up in a different package.

A brand new admin department and communication section with all that new social media and TV exposure? No, doesn't prevent burn out.

A fifth district? No, same if not less deputies on the street. Thats just a bigger diick game with surrounding agencies.

Giant televisions in all our lobbies showing photos and information on all our brass 24 hours a day? No, thats just to feed our narcissist leaders.

How about...
    More units on the street?
    A full mid shift?
    Dedicated admin time at the end if a shift to catch up and not continuously drown?
    Telling other agencies like HCFR, FHP, and HCAS to fuk off?
    Back off on all the non police matters they forces us to stick our noses in?
    Back off on reporting requirements?
    Back off on the unnecessary nit picking AKA bullying.

Nothing I have seen. Or maybe because this agency copies other agencies and sets no new trends on its own. We will have to wait for a real agency to make changes geared toward sustaining the positive mental health a deputy has in the beginning of their career and maintain it to full retirement. Then our agency can copy it.

Anyone else? How about name one thing. Just one. Remember, not reactive. By then the damage is done. I mean proactive.

This thread is dedicated to the b!tch that had a problem with me questioning this agency’s priorities. He was pretty rude about it. This ones for you.

Unregistered
    Good cry bro?

Unregistered
    Great post,

When people respond with profanity it means they have nothing intelligent to say.

Unregistered
    Not to mention that we do more work for no reason. It takes longer to JAAP or APAD someone than it does to take them to jail. I’m literally doing more work to keep people out of jail for their crimes, than I was doing to put them in jail. When are we going to do law enforcement work again?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not to mention that we do more work for no reason. It takes longer to JAAP or APAD someone than it does to take them to jail. I’m literally doing more work to keep people out of jail for their crimes, than I was doing to put them in jail. When are we going to do law enforcement work again?
    Awwww poor little baby boy........those meanies got you good.

Unregistered
    Awwww poor little baby boy........those meanies got you good.
    Bro, WTF you talking about?

Unregistered
    Do these great leaders of our great progressive agency not realize that once occupational burnout happens and our mental health is affected, there is no going back? EAP and some therapist at occupational health is reactive and wont cut it. Its a liability reducing bandaid fix. Once you are fully used up, emotionally drained, and burned out, it doesn't matter if our great sheriff hired Dr. Phill himself to work at our occupational health unit 24 hours a day. Any therapist will not have the tools to help us recover while still exposed to the very cause. They will recommend to find another job. To leave. Then start to heal. How is that a solution?

My question is, what has this modern progressive agency done to PREVENT burnout? Prevention. Anyone?

New patches, decals, and his name on all the HCSO buildings? No, thats for his benefit.

A brand new admin department and communication section with all that new social media and TV exposure? No, doesn't prevent burn out.

A fifth district? No, same if not less deputies on the street. Thats just a bigger diick game with surrounding agencies.

Giant televisions in all our lobbies showing photos and information on all our brass 24 hours a day? No, thats just to feed our narcissist leaders.

How about...
    A full mid shift?
    Dedicated admin time at the end if a shift to catch up and not continuously drown?

Nothing I have seen. Or maybe because this agency copies other agencies and sets no new trends on its own. We will have to wait for a real agency to make changes geared toward sustaining the positive mental health a deputy has in the beginning of their career and maintain it to full retirement. Then our agency can copy it.

Anyone else? How about name one thing. Just one. Remember, not reactive. By then the damage is done. I mean proactive.

This thread is dedicated to the b!tch that had a problem with me questioning this agency’s priorities. He was pretty rude about it. This ones for you.
    It really goes against your manifesto when they promote someone who is LGBTQ. Isn’t that right, Hitler?

Unregistered

How about...
    A full mid shift?

I like antipasta. Especially when my stomach is upset. I thought the opposite the first time. I was actually trying to make myself throw up but it calmed my crazy stomach instead. Now it’s my go to move. I like antipasto.