Survival in Doral PD
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Survival in Doral PD

Don’t expect for the administration to have your back for the most mundane mistakes you may make during your tour of duty. They will be quick to taint your file. They will protect themselves at all costs from any potential or inferred libel suits. It does not matter how good and hard working officer you have been, unless your highly favored. Expect to have a personal attorney on retainer 24/7 to protect yourself. Stay away from the PBA....direct pipeline to the admin. The favored clicks continue, and to be part of it, you will need to learn how to kiss ass. The future of the DORAL PD stands only to a few good pillars of Supervisors that are not out to screw someone...Sgt C, simmer down your creating a great name for yourself. The DORAL PD will continue to be a revolving door via to more professional departments. So many young officers have already left. And this will continue.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don’t expect for the administration to have your back for the most mundane mistakes you may make during your tour of duty. They will be quick to taint your file. They will protect themselves at all costs from any potential or inferred libel suits. It does not matter how good and hard working officer you have been, unless your highly favored. Expect to have a personal attorney on retainer 24/7 to protect yourself. Stay away from the PBA....direct pipeline to the admin. The favored clicks continue, and to be part of it, you will need to learn how to kiss ass. The future of the DORAL PD stands only to a few good pillars of Supervisors that are not out to screw someone...Sgt C, simmer down your creating a great name for yourself. The DORAL PD will continue to be a revolving door via to more professional departments. So many young officers have already left. And this will continue.
    So basically what you just wrote; if you messed up nothing should happen. The worst thing happening to our officers is to continue listening to the moron from PLEA. PBA all the way.

Unregistered
    I see that you want Adminstration to cover up officers wrong doings! Then they are not doing there job. If officers do what they where trained to do, then they wouldn't be written up. It's up to the officer not to taint his own file by doing his job correctly. So don't blame administration for doing there job.

Unregistered
    So how many people are been subjected to this harsh and unfair treatment

Unregistered
    The entire department has been subjected to this treatment, but we recognize that the PBA stands up for the administration just like they are doing in this blog.
    Steadman Stajl says if only officers did what they are trained to do they wouldn’t get into trouble. Steadman, certainly you are not the shinny example of that philosophy

Unregistered
    In fact why don’t you do what you were elected to do.

Unregistered
    In fact why don’t you do what you were elected to do.
    Maybe if you would do your job you wouldn't need the PBA. Administration only does there job when you failed at what you are doing incorrectly. PBA only steps in when they see if the administration disciplinary actions are not justified. PBA role is to protect you if the FACTS are not accurate or by LEO standards.

Unregistered
    Maybe if you would do your job you wouldn't need the PBA. Administration only does there job when you failed at what you are doing incorrectly. PBA only steps in when they see if the administration disciplinary actions are not justified. PBA role is to protect you if the FACTS are not accurate or by LEO standards.
    Let me help the kindergarten who wrote the aforementioned post. “Administration only does there job...” is not so good English. It’s spelled their and not there.

Now, to the heart of your post: I get it, you will represent me only if I’m right. Why would I need you then.
    Moreover, you won’t represent me if the department is abusive, unfair, or violates tha contract. I totally understand why my fellow officers do not trust you at the PBA.
    I can’t speak for everyone else But I want a union who is totally free from any ties to the administration to prevent the leaks that have been occurring and to have a lean mean fighting machine watching my 6.
    PBA is not that machine.

Unregistered
    Let me help the kindergarten who wrote the aforementioned post. “Administration only does there job...” is not so good English. It’s spelled their and not there.

Now, to the heart of your post: I get it, you will represent me only if I’m right. Why would I need you then.
    Moreover, you won’t represent me if the department is abusive, unfair, or violates tha contract. I totally understand why my fellow officers do not trust you at the PBA.
    I can’t speak for everyone else But I want a union who is totally free from any ties to the administration to prevent the leaks that have been occurring and to have a lean mean fighting machine watching my 6.
    PBA is not that machine.
    I can't believe you are saying that you want a administration to not discipline an officer when he has done something wrong. So that makes the department abusive and violates the contract! I never seen a contract written to protect miss conduct. Only tells me you are a true millennial that feels total Entitlement. You need to find a job that will allow you to do whatever you want. O wait there isn't any job out there that does, so you should open your own business and lets see how that goes for you.

Unregistered
    So what I am understanding is that you want a union that represents you even when you are wrong. You don’t want a union that lets you know the truth... you f***** up, take your medicine and learn from it. Oh and I get it’s everybody else’s fault and not yours. Get a life?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast