I regret getting hired here

Unregistered

I regret getting hired here

Lol I can’t wait for the county to open back up or maybe even the city

Unregistered
    If you truly were recently hired, I applaud you for seeing the reality. Do yourself a favor and don’t tell anyone here your intentions of leaving. Others here at CGPD may appear to be your friend but behind your back truly don’t give a crap about you. Some will even try to convince you to stay. This place is hurting and trust me, will look to blow any opportunity you have to leave. Keep quiet, stay out of trouble, and if you have to pay money back because of the recruit contract, PAY IT AND NEVER LOOK BACK. I sure wish I weren’t vested and stuck here or else I’d leave too.

Unregistered
    Is it really that bad when people who leave return? Is the grass really greener?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is it really that bad when people who leave return? Is the grass really greener?
    “People” is used in the plural. You had one person return under Hudak’s administration and he is “one of his boys”. He’s also been allowed to put in for positions while on probation, which is against our policy.

Unregistered
    Let the numbers speak for themselves. The “robbing Peter to pay Paul” approach we are taking by simply extending the DROP and rehiring retirees doesn’t solve a long term problem. CGPD can’t retain people for the long haul. The last groups that left to the County all have 25+ years left. Yes, the grass is greener.

Unregistered

He left and came back

That’s one guy and like previously mentioned he’s boys with the chief clearly!

As far as the rest of us the county or BSO is def the way to go!

Unregistered

Frankies gone

Papo, Hudak rules.
    Newflash: Don't let the door hit your a $$ on the way out!
    Mariconson malcontent!

Unregistered
    Papo, Hudak rules.
    Newflash: Don't let the door hit your a $$ on the way out!
    Mariconson malcontent!
    Papito, sucking a$$ buddy... you’re a total joke like the rest of his supporters (the few left). You should have signed your name to this; kissing his ring gets you places, while hard, honest work doesn’t. Papito, I’m confident you’re incompetent, so this is your only hope. You can’t get over Fernandez, I see. He’s gone and so too is the agency’s ethics, fairness, and professionalism.

Leaving was the best decision ever. The broken doors didn’t shut fast enough to hit me in the arse. Stay safe watching Zone 5...

Your big brother in Brown.

Unregistered
    What became of FF? His departure was top secret....how much did the city pay for him to walk?

Unregistered
    Who knows what the exact figure was...
    Regardless, he was paid to not be at work so I’d say he got the last laugh along with former assistant chief. I’ll give them both credit... they tried and the former assistant chief is a genuine, great person.

We need to start asking the Union who they work for. The chief or us? How are the contract negotiations going? It’s pretty appalling the chief was able to get a significant pay raise but we are “fighting” for 2%? Open your eyes. People aren’t retiring. They are coming back as worthless Tango units (still working 59s) or “backgrounds”. Backgrounds must have been pretty busy the past 3 years with everyone leaving and the new vacancies.

No one will ever speak up though. Like the other post said... bow and kiss the ring. The only way you’ll gain a “coveted” spot upstairs investigating unlocked car “burglaries” or a promotion is thru kissing the ring. This place is corrupt, inept, and scary.

Don’t hate the player, hate the game they say? I hate that I contribute 10% to my crap pension. I hate that I waste $50 a pay check so that the clowns in the Union can continue to pretend. Pretend like there aren’t serious issues affecting this agency. Anything but the City Booty-full.