PIO district liaison

Unregistered

PIO district liaison

Yet another unit saying they are over worked and need outside help wIth “liaisons” to push their work load onto others. What does a PIO detective actually do that they are so over worked. Last I checked they are all making way over 120k. I’ve only seen them respond to major police shootings and even then they look under training on TV. THIS DEPARTMENT IS PREDICTABLE. less work more money.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yet another unit saying they are over worked and need outside help wIth “liaisons” to push their work load onto others. What does a PIO detective actually do that they are so over worked. Last I checked they are all making way over 120k. I’ve only seen them respond to major police shootings and even then they look under training on TV. THIS DEPARTMENT IS PREDICTABLE. less work more money.
    Excuse me officer please call me Detective PIO.

Unregistered
    Excuse me officer please call me Detective PIO.
    Hahah Detective weather man.

Unregistered
    Hahah Detective weather man.
    That whole unit is a mafia ran by a Felon!!!

Unregistered
    Long ago when we were led by Fred Taylor, the Training Bureau conducted incident command and PIO training for lieutenants. That seems to have been a logical training model, as lieutenants; particularly District Platoon Commanders should assume command of most situations and be able to "intelligently" divulge minimum information to the media that will not jeopardize sensitive investigative processes that might harm future arrests and prosecutions. Director F. Ramirez III, if not why have lieutenants? That is, substitutes acting for higher-ranking officers, like Districts' Captains and Majors, when the latter are not present to assume their duties.