Modified Exhaust is a Road Hazard
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

I been operating a motor Vehicle for 39 years and I have my CDL driver’s license and operated a motor bus for a while. I was taught the importance of safety on our roads when driving. I would like to bring to the conscious awareness to our elected officials and Law Enforcement if I may, safety should be of the utmost concern on our roads. In the last ten years I have noticed these vehicles with modified exhaust systems progressively getting louder and louder and more and more vehicles purposely making their vehicle obnoxiously loud, (I scratch my head and ask, why?) in my observation the louder than the next guy. At first it was an unneeded road annoyance but now it is becoming a road hazard. I’ll be on the phone and I can't hear the person I'm talking to because they want to pollute the air with unneeded noise and the noise doesn't go away, right away, it will be there linger for about half a minute to a minute, so this shows to me these cars are getting dangerously loud and are no way cool. (I have also seen these guys revvving it up on drivers to get out of thier way)Cool is the driver who shows courtesy with their driving tactics and respect their fellow citizens. I ask myself what kind of person hides behind a loud machine and disrespects his fellow citizens with gross noise pollution so that they can be looked at maybe. Lol (or are they angry at life and it’s a way to vent their weak emotion onto society) What-ever the case it is not right and not fair to the people in the community. It’s to the point where these machines are piercing right threw our homes and taking away our peace and quiet .(waking up the family at times)

Unregistered

I hear you

Gross noise pollution in our society is not healthy and why is it being allowed at this time. I would think there would be an ordinance to regulate this unsafe driving practice.

Unregistered
    Hi guys, I'm with you. I am concerned about the leniency of how loud these machines are being permitted to roar down the roads and startle drivers. I do notice every year getting louder and louder and more and more machines deliberately taking the peace and safety out of our communities. I wonder why it is being permitted when there is no doubt this is now also a road hazard. Nice perspective and thank you for bringing it to our attention here at this forum. I would think there would be some type of regulation at the registry level as to what modifications are permitted. There are definitely machines on our roads abusing this privilege at this time. A good strategy to test the loudness is to find open roads, where these vehicles can open it up, like on stretches of 17/92 and calculate the decibels as they rip roar by pounding their chest. lol
    Start measuring and regulating before it gets way out of hand.

Unregistered
    I agree these noise polluting vehicles are dangerous because they are so loud they cause confusion for other drivers nearby. The extreme noise also startles pedestrians, animals and babies. They should be upper limits on vechiles like that.

Unregistered
    Thanks, men, I guess I'm from the time when people respected each other. I live off of Sanford Av, one block behind the houses that are positioned right on Sanford av, by the VFW. These machines coming down Sanford blvd are piercing right into our homes and I can only imagine how loud it is right on the BLVD. (I think the mentality of what's happening on the roads stems down from poor leadership at the very top, here's a metaphor, the country ran out of toilet paper because of the leadership, full of """", little humor in challenging times) If I was the police chief(I was part of law Enforcement in the Air Force in 1982) I would position a dedicated police cruiser at the VFW here on Sanford blvd and use a decibel meter to see how loud these machines are getting(don't even need a meter to know these machines are disrespecting the community. (arrogant noise pollution is not a good thing)I would start making it mandatory they take the modification off the machine or lose their driving privileges.We need to get back to what made America already great, integrity, and respect. Thank you for reading.

Unregistered

Post Young man bragging he has not been stopped for excessive loud exhaust

This is a really needed post here. I have one input for the law enforcement of our community. I was at a store and a young man came into the lot revving his bike so loud,on purpose at one of the customers, every one stopped and looked. I was in a state of disbelief how loud this motor cycle was. I told the young man he's disrespecting the neighborhood and that bike is not safe for public roads. He replied to me that no one has pulled him over and it's OK for him to do what he's doing? This kind of attitude and ignorance on our roads is dangerous and nasty. I was boggled with this type of attitude and wondering why it is be permitted on our roads? Is there any law enforcement official who can let us know why these modified exhaust are being ignored? Thank you.

I say they are being ignored because in the last few years there are more and more and louder and louder.
    I had a profound talk with a homeless guy one day, he said this one line that hit home with me. Dis-ease = disease. I can say with certainty that this behavior and noise pollution is putting dis-ease in our communities.

I did a google search and found this law about Florida.

(1) Florida-->Every motor vehicle shall at all times be equipped with an exhaust system in good working order and in constant operation,including muffler,manifold pipe, and tailpipe to prevent excessive or unusual noise...... No person shall use a muffler cutout, bypass or similar device upon a vehicle on a highway.

What I am hearing on the roads on a constant basis now is beyond excessive and am wondering why it is being permitted at this time on our roads, June 9, 2020.

Thank you for this opportunity to reply to this post.

Unregistered

Unacceptable Road Hazard Now

This is an interesting post. I would first like to say, I always respect our Law Enforcement officers and know their job is a very challenging one. I see over 1500 views here on this topic. This topic is of big concern to our community. I'm just wondering why not one law enforcement professional is able to enlighten us on this very important issue of disrespect and now a hazard on our roads with this modified exhaust proliferating the streets. There is no reason why this hazard and huge disrespect should be permitted on our roads.(It’s intentional gross disrespect from an angry coward hiding behind a machine, hypothesis) I have a gut feeling when this type of mentality of disrespecting fellow citizens with un-needed noise pollution is pulled over; we are going to find more than a loud exhaust system. I am actually thinking of moving out of the area because of this no concern and disrespect on our roads and community. (Not one law Enforcement officer has responded to this post with over 1500 views on a law enforcement forum? (I have a house and been enjoying my home here near the airport in Sanford, but since the rise of this gross noise mentality(last 4 years about) on our roads and it not being addressed, I'm thinking of looking for an area of integrity and concern that addresses this issue of real care of the citizens peace.) Thank you for this post
    Just go sit at the bus stop at save a lot, (17/92) sit there for about 20 minutes and tell us that this behavior is acceptable on our roads. It’s very disturbing and alarming that Law Enforcement who took an oath to protect the public is ignoring this blatant disrespect and now safety on our roads at this time. I would like to know why, please? Thank you for reading. A very concerned Veteran and Citizen.

Sanford Resident

Thumbs up One of these PUNKS just woke up our house at 3 in the morning

Just to let this community know, I was just woken up by one of these loud modified exhaust. Blatant in our face dis-respect. (Came right into our house)
    We work all day, this stinky attitude is not right.

Unregistered

Dis-heartening

These over-excessive A___H , with the modified exhaust R making a mockery out of Law_ Enforcement and adding another dangerous situation to the roads.

Unregistered

Question Law Enforcement is not doing their job at this time with these modified exhaust

This is a really needed and interesting post. I'm going to make a bold statement and not out of dis-respect but out of what I see is happening now.

1. These people with the modified exhaust Vehicles are breaking the law.

2. The intention is to disrupt and express anger threw a machine and dis-respect fellow Americans. (under the pretense it is a hobby)

3.This is with no doubt like what the title of this post reads, A Road Hazard and confuses drivers.

4.Law Enforcement is not doing their job and now ignoring this situation without the decency or courage to explain to the citizens why nothing is being done. (The amount of these machines are increasing exponentially, because there is no enforcement at this time)

5.These machines are bringing dis-ease to the community with this stinky noise pollution on purpose and their is a stinky attitude behind that wheel.
    I never sugar coat a bad situation and I'm an old guy whose been around for a while. I have neighbors who are disgusted with this whole situation and how our law enforcement is not enforcing this law at this time.

If any law enforcement official can tell us different, I welcome it in person or here on this forum. Thank you for this opportunity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast