Termination vs resignation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Termination vs resignation

termination vs resignation (retirement) what is the difference between the two! What are the pro vs con. Can someone with vast knowledge and experience please break it down for us to understand if we were in that position.

Unregistered
    If you get terminated it becomes hard to get other employment

You lose all your Illness and vacation time.
    City will send FDLE the information on your termination and it could cause you to lose your state LEO certification or be place on Probation
    You Lose the 1% money.
    You lose your Pension but not the money that you put in.
    No health or dental care

Unregistered
    If your in that predicament I suggest you contact a good labor attorney, I would not trust the FLOP if my job was on the line

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    termination vs resignation (retirement) what is the difference between the two! What are the pro vs con. Can someone with vast knowledge and experience please break it down for us to understand if we were in that position.
    Retirement, you leave most of the time in good standing. Resignation, is your about to lose your employment and you want to head it off or quit to go to a better place. Termination, you got fired.

Unregistered
    Decision.... Tic ....Toc

Unregistered
    Decision.... Tic ....Toc
    Max you have a lot to lose. Retire and keep it your pension. Don't listen to tapanes. Remember he lost his battle.

Unregistered
    Max you have a lot to lose. Retire and keep it your pension. Don't listen to tapanes. Remember he lost his battle.
    Nestor talked him and the others into losing $15,000.00 each that my leader.

Unregistered
    FYI !!

Resignation doesn’t mean you your in the clear.

FdLE profile will show if your resigned because you left in good standing or because of a questionable incident.

Unregistered
    Don’t ask the Reyes brothers they don't know much about anything yet they promise you the world.

Unregistered
    I tell everyone as soon as you have your points , retire, don't wait to load the sack ,don't listen to those idiots that tell you "I'm not leaving any money on the table" because unless you work for it there's nothing on the table this job is hard enough and you don't know if you're going to make it home or how long you have after you retired. You will always be know as an ex-miami cop ,don't take a chance , go

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast