Bill to list Dispatchers as first responders
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Bill to list Dispatchers as first responders

https://www.wfla.com/news/bill-would...lf6eM0CaJONyZU

I'm all for this bill. If this gets passed, could dispatchers be reclassified as high liability and get 3% per year towards pension? They certainly deserve it. Their salaries are much lower than LEOs, but they deserve 3% per year.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    https://www.wfla.com/news/bill-would...lf6eM0CaJONyZU

I'm all for this bill. If this gets passed, could dispatchers be reclassified as high liability and get 3% per year towards pension? They certainly deserve it. Their salaries are much lower than LEOs, but they deserve 3% per year.
    Dispatchers are important but high liability is ridiculous.

Unregistered

Dispatchers

Totally disagree with dispatchers being listed as first responders. They don’t “respond” to anything. Next thing you know dog catchers will be listed as first responders and they too will need a therapy dog. Jesus H Christ!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Totally disagree with dispatchers being listed as first responders. They don’t “respond” to anything. Next thing you know dog catchers will be listed as first responders and they too will need a therapy dog. Jesus H Christ!!!
    Dispatchers are very very very important. However, their lives are not at risk. Plain and simple. This is just another way to water down and to undermine the danger we are exposed to.

Unregistered
    While we are on this, there are actually way too many “first responders” the get hazard pay, yet they don't respond first, they are in no danger because the real first responders cleared the scene, they work in offices all day, or they run an admin units for fluff. Lets not add to this crap mentality that has completely undermined what a fukking real cop does.

Unregistered
    Detention deserved the equal pay and hazard pay. Because this agency saved money by exposing one deputy to 72 inmates with these BS direct supervision joke that is our jails. How fukked up is that? Do you think that is mentally healthy for a detention deputy for 30 years? They save money at the risk of our mental health just to blow it on garbage. I hate this agency.

Unregistered

I just read a post that said that if it wasn't for 911 operations, "the real first-responders, law enforcement officers would sit in their cars all day driving around with nothing to do." Feedback?

Unregistered
    I don't think dispatchers should have the same pay as deputies. But I do think they should get 3% per year towards pension. Remember, 3% of their much lower salary doesn't make that much of a difference. 25 or 30 years X 3%, of a very low salary, will still equal a low paying pension. No reason to nickel and dime them to death.

Unregistered
    Texas already considers dispatchers as first responders.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/15/us/te...ers/index.html

Unregistered
    We can’t do our jobs without them. They are essential personnel and they take a lot of crap from us. I say give them that 3% towards retirement. Why not?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast