Question for CCPD

Unregistered

Question for CCPD

I understand this forum is mainly negative but I am looking for a general outlook on working here. I have worked eight years in a similar sized PD up north. CCPD seems to be the best choice in the Lee/ Collier area from what I can tell, if anyone cares to chime in. Also, is the take home car program limited to city or county limits? Thanks in advance.

Unregistered
    Like every department, it has its pros and cons. The pay starts off at approximately 56k and you top out at 84k after 11years. That’s for your basic patrol officer which does not include night differential, incentive, holiday, or overtime pay. You get a take home car immediately after FTO which can be used for personal use but you have to live somewhere inside the city limits (city is 120square miles) unless you get assigned to Swat, CNT, Dive Team, etc. Calls for service are moderate still giving you an opportunity to be pro-active if that’s what you enjoy.

It’s a growing city with about 190,000 residents and it is growing rapidly so the department is bound to continue to grow as well.

The biggest downside to this department is that you can expect to be on patrol for a significant amount of time. Do to having a lower turn over rate compared to nearby departments, specialty positions do not come around as often.

Unregistered
    Thank you for your response, that is exactly what I was looking for. I have no problem putting in the time, I am on multiple specialty units up north and it will suck to give those up but starting fresh is what it is. I am overall impressed with CCPD from what I can see, and will be looking into it. Thanks.

Unregistered
    How does CCPD compare to Fort Myers PD?

Unregistered
    No comparison. We give take homes right away, fmpd your sharing a car for 3-4 years. We pay more. We’re happier.

Unregistered
    FMPD is almost majority population hates cops. Will help criminals and complain about how crimes aren’t being solved. Believe it or not most cape residents love the cops and constantly help with any information they can.

Unregistered
    Not to mention we got some really nice outer vests to wear, makes a lot of difference

Unregistered
    Did you guys go to load bearing outer vests? That’s a great perk.