Why is Miami Beach asking money for injured officer? This is a workers comp case?

Unregistered

Why is Miami Beach asking money for injured officer? This is a workers comp case?

I don’t understand this. What you mean officer unable to provide for his family out of work????

But Millan said Castillo is unable to provide for his loved ones because of stabbing injuries to his left arm and leg that he suffered on Jan. 11.

The officer suffered blood loss, nerve damage and other injuries. He is currently using a walker.

“We’re talking just gruesome injuries,” said Millan.

Millan said Castillo will remain out of work for a while.

“The guy can’t even tie his own shoes,” he said.

Miami Beach Police officers and the FOP said they are there for Castillo is every way, but he and his family are still in need of help.

“He’s got a very long road ahead of him,” said Millan.

Castillo’s wife has quit her job and is currently his full-time caretaker.

The FOP has set up a fund to help Castillo and his family. If you would like to make a donation, click here.

Doesn’t the city provide full compensation on all on Duty injuries. Covering all medical expenses. Am I missing something?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don’t understand this. What you mean officer unable to provide for his family out of work????

But Millan said Castillo is unable to provide for his loved ones because of stabbing injuries to his left arm and leg that he suffered on Jan. 11.

The officer suffered blood loss, nerve damage and other injuries. He is currently using a walker.

“We’re talking just gruesome injuries,” said Millan.

Millan said Castillo will remain out of work for a while.

“The guy can’t even tie his own shoes,” he said.

Miami Beach Police officers and the FOP said they are there for Castillo is every way, but he and his family are still in need of help.

“He’s got a very long road ahead of him,” said Millan.

Castillo’s wife has quit her job and is currently his full-time caretaker.

The FOP has set up a fund to help Castillo and his family. If you would like to make a donation, click here.

Doesn’t the city provide full compensation on all on Duty injuries. Covering all medical expenses. Am I missing something?
    The wife had to quit her job to assist in his recovery . Translation, she lost her income. Ain’t no worker’s comp to cover that loss. Don’t do anything stupid, y’all stay safe. At the end of the day no one really cares anyway.

Unregistered
    Stop asking for money. How greedy can you get. Getting paid 100% of your salary while recovering staying home. All your medical bills, rehab and special care covered by workers Comp and The city of Miami Beach and you still have the balls to ask the community for man. Wow!