+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
 
  1. #1
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Problematic Area Indicative Of Awful Leadership

    It sure seems as if the North has the dubious distinction of having a host of problems. Officers making bad arrests and running amuck. Weak and pathetic sergeants, afraid to supervise. Incompetent lieutenants who think they’re smart but are actually useless. Commanders with their hands seemingly tied. News stories. A culture of laziness, disconnect, incompetence and embarrassment.
    All of this begs serious concerns and questions and likely points the finger toward one person.

  2. #2
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It sure seems as if the North has the dubious distinction of having a host of problems. Officers making bad arrests and running amuck. Weak and pathetic sergeants, afraid to supervise. Incompetent lieutenants who think they’re smart but are actually useless. Commanders with their hands seemingly tied. News stories. A culture of laziness, disconnect, incompetence and embarrassment.
    All of this begs serious concerns and questions and likely points the finger toward one person.
    ➡️🍁💩 and sadly, has made an entire career this way.

  3. #3
    Unregistered
    Guest
    The north end has historically seemed to be the lowest performing and most dysfunctional of all areas. When we ran two, three and even four zones, it hasn’t mattered, it’s always appeared that way. Why? And today, it seems no different and that’s why we should question supervision, leadership and a culture of dysfunction and demand change.

  4. #4
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The north end has historically seemed to be the lowest performing and most dysfunctional of all areas. When we ran two, three and even four zones, it hasn’t mattered, it’s always appeared that way. Why? And today, it seems no different and that’s why we should question supervision, leadership and a culture of dysfunction and demand change.
    Those of us who’ve been here a while would likely agree; North End has always been the worser of the areas, all (current and former) of them being bad, including all operations areas, GIU, AD, Patrol and Specialized Units and Command Staff. This place sucks from top to bottom.
    That said, today, the North probably has the most substandard, chickensh*t, awful leadership and supervision it’s ever had, and given what’s come through this place over the past three decades, that’s quite the achievement.

  5. #5
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Those of us who’ve been here a while would likely agree; North End has always been the worser of the areas, all (current and former) of them being bad, including all operations areas, GIU, AD, Patrol and Specialized Units and Command Staff. This place sucks from top to bottom.
    That said, today, the North probably has the most substandard, chickensh*t, awful leadership and supervision it’s ever had, and given what’s come through this place over the past three decades, that’s quite the achievement.
    Affirmative action has it's tradeoffs.

  6. #6
    Unregistered
    Guest
    I’ve heard it [affirmative action] referred to as the movement of a “new racism” or simply another reverse version of it, hidden under the cloak and veil of “equality.” Some say it’s the practice of resorting to implementing a benign form a racism to allegedly deal with a malignant form of racism.
    Sure, there are, undoubtably, instances of injustice and inequity; however, this doesn’t apply in the North.
    At any rate, the North End is just a glaring example of leadership and supervision at its worst.
    I mean, it seems as if we produce garbage, when it’s supposed to be thrown out.

  7. #7
    Unregistered
    Guest
    The north end is two areas now. NW and NE. The lack of leadership is not in both areas.

  8. #8
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The north end is two areas now. NW and NE. The lack of leadership is not in both areas.
    Says who? Name the good leaders. Name the good supervisors.
    Waiting.🤔

    There’s “leadership” and there’s “supervision” - they’re not mutually exclusive and while they both share similar roles, there are distinct differences in the two.
    Leadership oversees the entire North and is also tiered down within each area. Supervision is lower on the continuum and is allocated to each.
    Both leave much to be desired and that’s putting it nicely.

  9. #9
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Do tell who is your leader you speak so highly about

  10. #10
    Unregistered
    Guest
    I think leadership and supervision, throughout the entire department, could be better. It’s not our strong suit and hasn’t been as long as I know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •