PBA Joke - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PBA Joke

Unregistered
    I think 12s are awesome. Hurry up and retire so the rest of us can live in the modern era. God forbid you dinosaurs have to give up your weekends, wheel guns, 870s and patent leather. Cant be having that all in the same century.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    98% or sheriffs offices in FL are on 12’s. Stop being lazy ****s and crying about it. I have friends at several other agencies and none of them cry about being on 12’s. The only people crying about it are the ones here Bc you of 2 reasons...1. You people will literally find anything to complain about Bc it’s in your nature and you’re not happy unless your complaining to someone about something. 2. Your lazy fuks who for some reason gravitated to this agency. We seem to have a lot of you lazy miserabl whiney fuks here.
    As I said before, there have been several studies done on the effects of 8, 10 and 12 hour shifts on LEOs. The common denominator in all of them is that LEOs working 10 and 12 hour shifts experience greater fatigue, which leads to accidents and mistakes. Now, in the case of 10 hour shifts, the agency usually has a 2 hour overlap per shift per day. This allows for a reduction in the working hours to 8 hours on the street with two hours being used for closing out paperwork [which allows the LEO to devote more of his shift time to crime investigation and prevention], training and late call and arrest overtime is reduced or eliminated. 12 hour shifts increases fatigue and leads to the highest rate of accident and mistakes, especially toward the end of the shift. As the shifts do not overlap, the on duty LEO, works for the full 12 hours, 4 hours longer than those on 8 hour shifts and essentially 4 hours per shift more than those on 10 hour shifts [because of the shift overlap on 10 hour shifts].

Employers do not like the 10 hour shifts because it takes approximately 23% more personnel to give the same level of coverage of either the 8 hour shift or the 12 hour shift. Overtime is essentially the same for both the 8 or 12 hour shifts. So, until the accident rate and mistake rate becomes too expensive for the agency to absorb, it often allows the 12 hour shifts. So, overall, while the 12 hr shift is pretty much cost neutral, initially, between 8 and 12 hour shifts. which has links to other studies on this subject. It is over 10 years old, but the findings have not changed much.

https://www.policefoundation.org/pro...th-experiment/

If anyone is interested, here is a link

Unregistered
    Tight shirt new guys love 12s so they can go to the club every other weekend and tell drunk girls how they are cops.

Unregistered
    Bob is a POS liar who can't be trusted. He and Coats promised the jail would never go on 12s but they did it anyway knowing full well the majority voted against it. FO Bob and Coats.
    FO jailer. This is LEO not jailer affairs. but since we are at it tell me one jail in Florida on 8’s????? Come on big boy cough it up?

Unregistered
    As I said before, there have been several studies done on the effects of 8, 10 and 12 hour shifts on LEOs. The common denominator in all of them is that LEOs working 10 and 12 hour shifts experience greater fatigue, which leads to accidents and mistakes. Now, in the case of 10 hour shifts, the agency usually has a 2 hour overlap per shift per day. This allows for a reduction in the working hours to 8 hours on the street with two hours being used for closing out paperwork [which allows the LEO to devote more of his shift time to crime investigation and prevention], training and late call and arrest overtime is reduced or eliminated. 12 hour shifts increases fatigue and leads to the highest rate of accident and mistakes, especially toward the end of the shift. As the shifts do not overlap, the on duty LEO, works for the full 12 hours, 4 hours longer than those on 8 hour shifts and essentially 4 hours per shift more than those on 10 hour shifts [because of the shift overlap on 10 hour shifts].

Employers do not like the 10 hour shifts because it takes approximately 23% more personnel to give the same level of coverage of either the 8 hour shift or the 12 hour shift. Overtime is essentially the same for both the 8 or 12 hour shifts. So, until the accident rate and mistake rate becomes too expensive for the agency to absorb, it often allows the 12 hour shifts. So, overall, while the 12 hr shift is pretty much cost neutral, initially, between 8 and 12 hour shifts. which has links to other studies on this subject. It is over 10 years old, but the findings have not changed much.

I felt more burnt out on the 8’s than I did with 12’s because working 5 days in a row just sucks. 12’s are a long day but the extra time off makes up for it and I feel healthier. Not to mention all the time I have now to get other things done due to a mix of weekday and weekend days off. The pros of the 12’s definitely outweigh and data from a study IMO.

People who don’t like 12’s are generally lazier deputies from what I have seen.

Unregistered
    FO jailer. This is LEO not jailer affairs. but since we are at it tell me one jail in Florida on 8’s????? Come on big boy cough it up?
    Better check again champ, we are all deputies, same pay, same benefits. Go tell Gualtieri patrol should get paid more money and he will laugh in your face. If you don't like it feel free to go somewhere else.

We don't care what the other jails do, 12s suck, especially if you work in the jail direct supervision pods locked up with 80 a-holes, except for a 30 minute meal break. Both patrol and jail voted against 12s in every survey. If the administration is wondering why retention and recruitment are down, 12s is one of the main reasons. Nobody wants those garbage shifts.

12s saved the agency 5% on the payroll budget. That is the only reason Gualtieri and Coats implemented them after repeatedly lying to us that 12s are out of the question. Lying to the troops and boning them with 12 hour shifts, what lousy excuses for sheriffs Coats and Gualtieri are.

Unregistered
    I think 12s are awesome. Hurry up and retire so the rest of us can live in the modern era. God forbid you dinosaurs have to give up your weekends, wheel guns, 870s and patent leather. Cant be having that all in the same century.
    Look rookie, the only ones who like 12 hour shifts are the youngsters who still live with their parents and like to hit the clubs to chase tail on weekends. The ones who shave their arms, get tattoos, hang out at the gym, have a 6 year loan on their trucks and buy another gun every month. Plus they dodge work as much as they can. They have no idea what the job is all about so they are not in a position to lecture the seasoned veterans.

Unregistered

Obviously this administration could care less about the well being of its deputies who have to work 12 hour shifts. It's all about the money even though we are constantly told that the people are the most important part of this agency. No, it's the money. How much more they can take from us and still keep us working here.

Unregistered
    Look rookie, the only ones who like 12 hour shifts are the youngsters who still live with their parents and like to hit the clubs to chase tail on weekends. The ones who shave their arms, get tattoos, hang out at the gym, have a 6 year loan on their trucks and buy another gun every month. Plus they dodge work as much as they can. They have no idea what the job is all about so they are not in a position to lecture the seasoned veterans.
    I’m not a rookie and I love 12’s. An overwhelming majority voted in favor of them. Don’t like it? Go somewhere else. But good luck finding an agency not on them. I guess you’re the only one who’s right and EVERYONE else has it wrong.

Unregistered
    Obviously this administration could care less about the well being of its deputies who have to work 12 hour shifts. It's all about the money even though we are constantly told that the people are the most important part of this agency. No, it's the money. How much more they can take from us and still keep us working here.
    Well there is where you would be wrong. It cost the agency more to switch to 12 hour shifts. That’s based on the four hours extra in the eighty four hour work week, the 12 hour holiday pay and the fact that half of patrol and DDC is on ten percent differential. If it was all about the money we would all be in self relieving eight hour shifts. Tens are just cost effective, that would cost a lot more money. And you people love your time off, it would impact that.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast