That speech tho... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I assume by "they" you mean the Florida Legislature and the Governor, correct? Because the FHP didn't cut it's own foot off by asking the Legislature and the Governor to take away the Step Pay Plan, sir or madam. Those blood sucking cannibals in Tallahassee did that to us on their own, with intent and malice aforethought, and I have watched for decades as the FHP staff and colonels (several of them) have fought to get it back because of the damage it did to trooper retention. Get the facts right.
    Good ole Democratic governor Lawton Chiles. His election was the worst thing to ever happen to the patrol

Unregistered
    Good ole Democratic governor Lawton Chiles. His election was the worst thing to ever happen to the patrol
    Lawton was a typical democrat who had no respect for law enforcement and look what he started

Unregistered
    POOF be gone... and all is swept under a rug in TRUE FHP FASHION.. they protect management, now get back to work you slugs! You are making us look bad with your low numbers

Unregistered
    POOF be gone... and all is swept under a rug in TRUE FHP FASHION.. they protect management, now get back to work you slugs! You are making us look bad with your low numbers
    What did they do, give the Major a commendation for his speech?

Unregistered
    The top brass do not have the cojones to do what they need to do. The whole situation is just embarrassing.

Unregistered

Very true, they got a captain on the west end of the state that needs to go too but no balls!
    They know he needs to go, hell he probly knows he needs to go too

Unregistered
    I assume by "they" you mean the Florida Legislature and the Governor, correct? Because the FHP didn't cut it's own foot off by asking the Legislature and the Governor to take away the Step Pay Plan, sir or madam. Those blood sucking cannibals in Tallahassee did that to us on their own, with intent and malice aforethought, and I have watched for decades as the FHP staff and colonels (several of them) have fought to get it back because of the damage it did to trooper retention. Get the facts right.
    "They" when it comes to the step plan abololition in 1992 was the Florida Supreme Court.

Neither the legislature not any Governor (including the always-popular-to-blame Lawton Chiles) did away with the Step Plan. It was discontinued in 1992 based upon a Florida Supreme Court ruling that said a current legislature couldn't bind future legislatures when it comes to expenditures. No legislator or Governor can change the effect of that ruling. Now, the current Court could overturn they prior decision if they had a ripe case, or the Florida Constitution could be amended to provide for a step plan. As it stands now, though, a step plan for state employees is, per the Florida Supreme Court, unconstitutional.

Unregistered
    "They" when it comes to the step plan abololition in 1992 was the Florida Supreme Court.

Neither the legislature not any Governor (including the always-popular-to-blame Lawton Chiles) did away with the Step Plan. It was discontinued in 1992 based upon a Florida Supreme Court ruling that said a current legislature couldn't bind future legislatures when it comes to expenditures. No legislator or Governor can change the effect of that ruling. Now, the current Court could overturn they prior decision if they had a ripe case, or the Florida Constitution could be amended to provide for a step plan. As it stands now, though, a step plan for state employees is, per the Florida Supreme Court, unconstitutional.
    I wonder why this is not a problem for the larger counties and cities. So I am call BS. The Republican have had twenty year to address this issue but have place DHSMV leaderahip which includes FHP Command Staff in charge to keep the status quo with their high salaries in jeopardy. So you may lay down and die with your unconstitutional Supreme Court ruling under Governor Lawton Childs.

All I know is Governor Bush Republican, Charlie Crist Republican (while governor of Florida), Governor Scott Republican, and now Ron DeSantis Republican.

Disband this miserable agency. Let the largest law man in in the State of Florida takeover. Then you will see FHP Command Staff address the Appropriations Committee trying to keep their jobs like when The Polk and Pinellas County Sheriff's wanted to take over FHP duties and their Counties.

Unregistered
    I wonder why this is not a problem for the larger counties and cities. So I am call BS. The Republican have had twenty year to address this issue but have place DHSMV leaderahip which includes FHP Command Staff in charge to keep the status quo with their high salaries in jeopardy. So you may lay down and die with your unconstitutional Supreme Court ruling under Governor Lawton Childs.

All I know is Governor Bush Republican, Charlie Crist Republican (while governor of Florida), Governor Scott Republican, and now Ron DeSantis Republican.

Disband this miserable agency. Let the largest law man in in the State of Florida takeover. Then you will see FHP Command Staff address the Appropriations Committee trying to keep their jobs like when The Polk and Pinellas County Sheriff's wanted to take over FHP duties and their Counties.
    Dude, What’s the point of your rambling post. You been drinking with the Major?

Unregistered

So basically, with what your pea brain is saying, the current legislatures can not bind future legislators for $$$??!!! Sooooooo how exactly do we have a job?? Isn’t that kinda binding? They do pay us every month , don’t they?? That is a bs reason not to pay people their fair wage! THE END! What cracks me up is majors and above are paid fairly compared to other departments. Maybe still a little on the low end, but not ridiculous like us Troopers. I can take my 10 year salary and double it and still not make what Tampa PD is making for a 10 year officer! Can the major double his salary and still not make what a Tampa police major makes?? It’s not even close. They pay disparities are really from lieutenant and down.. and that’s why the top brass will not fight for you! They are being compensated well compared to you!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast