That speech tho... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Unregistered
    “Florida pays you boys in sunshine” from a boomer Trooper.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    "They" when it comes to the step plan abololition in 1992 was the Florida Supreme Court.

Neither the legislature not any Governor (including the always-popular-to-blame Lawton Chiles) did away with the Step Plan. It was discontinued in 1992 based upon a Florida Supreme Court ruling that said a current legislature couldn't bind future legislatures when it comes to expenditures. No legislator or Governor can change the effect of that ruling. Now, the current Court could overturn they prior decision if they had a ripe case, or the Florida Constitution could be amended to provide for a step plan. As it stands now, though, a step plan for state employees is, per the Florida Supreme Court, unconstitutional.
    Lawton Chiles set the steps in motion by taking the step raise out of the budget that was approved by the house and senate.
    PBA filed the lawsuit that led to the supreme court decision. In fact the state did have to pay is a one time check of a couple of hundred dollars so it was a partial win but was the death of the step plan.
    Lawton Chiles was the death of the step plan. We had gotten a step raise every year since the plan was implemented. All he had to do was sign the budget and it would probably still have been in effect at least until 2008 when Scott may have tried to do away with it.
    Thanks for playing though....

Unregistered
    "They" when it comes to the step plan abololition in 1992 was the Florida Supreme Court.

Neither the legislature not any Governor (including the always-popular-to-blame Lawton Chiles) did away with the Step Plan. It was discontinued in 1992 based upon a Florida Supreme Court ruling that said a current legislature couldn't bind future legislatures when it comes to expenditures. No legislator or Governor can change the effect of that ruling. Now, the current Court could overturn they prior decision if they had a ripe case, or the Florida Constitution could be amended to provide for a step plan. As it stands now, though, a step plan for state employees is, per the Florida Supreme Court, unconstitutional.
    Chiles set the whole thing in motion when he took the step raise and cola out of the already signed budget by the house and senate.
    PBA files the lawsuit that led to the supreme court partially ruling against us. I say partially because we received a one time laughable check of like $200 out of the decision.
    So yes, Chiles was the main reason we lost the step plan. If he had just signed the budget it would have likely still been in effect at least until 2008 when Scott may have attacked it. We received a step raise every year since the plan was implemented prior to Chiles.

Unregistered
    So basically, with what your pea brain is saying, the current legislatures can not bind future legislators for $$$??!!! Sooooooo how exactly do we have a job?? Isn’t that kinda binding? They do pay us every month , don’t they?? That is a bs reason not to pay people their fair wage! THE END! What cracks me up is majors and above are paid fairly compared to other departments. Maybe still a little on the low end, but not ridiculous like us Troopers. I can take my 10 year salary and double it and still not make what Tampa PD is making for a 10 year officer! Can the major double his salary and still not make what a Tampa police major makes?? It’s not even close. They pay disparities are really from lieutenant and down.. and that’s why the top brass will not fight for you! They are being compensated well compared to you!
    Do you have your TPD application submitted yet?

Unregistered
    Chiles set the whole thing in motion when he took the step raise and cola out of the already signed budget by the house and senate.
    PBA files the lawsuit that led to the supreme court partially ruling against us. I say partially because we received a one time laughable check of like $200 out of the decision.
    So yes, Chiles was the main reason we lost the step plan. If he had just signed the budget it would have likely still been in effect at least until 2008 when Scott may have attacked it. We received a step raise every year since the plan was implemented prior to Chiles.
    What year was Chiles, 1980 what? Who has been in charge of this state for more than 20 year now? Keep telling yourself it was ghost of Chiles for all the problems which have occurred in the last twenty years with this agency.

Now the present. Let talk about Scott. Lost cola, your % on drop money, can only accumulate 365 hour of annual leave, no more double dipping, and to retire (60 year of age or 30 year of services) for anyone hired after 2011. Yes, Chile's took the step plan but the Republicans party in this state has taken every thing else. Nothing will change.

Why don't you leave?

Unregistered
    Do you have your TPD application submitted yet?
    Unfortunately yes. I’m in the last phase of it. It’s pretty sad to me. I loved what being a Trooper is all about. Unfortunately here in Troop C, we have some of the worst supervisors in the state.. But definitely the best training!!! Lmao that was definitely a joke, in case you are not from Troop C.. I have kept my application on the down low because I have heard of FHP trying to ruin your reputation if they hear you are leaving.. so i took the safer route, but they should be finding out soon enough. I have been on the fence for years about going, I just wished I would have done it sooner. And for all of you Troopers in this area, get out while you can.. you can buy back 5 years of your service from FHP with TPD and they have a 20 and out program , so I will only have to do 15 years, which is right at what I would have to do here.. the only difference is I will actually have a retirement I can live on, instead of having to work another job after I retire. It’s pathetic the State doesn’t take care of their people. I will always miss FHP and my friends that are here..

Unregistered
    What year was Chiles, 1980 what? Who has been in charge of this state for more than 20 year now? Keep telling yourself it was ghost of Chiles for all the problems which have occurred in the last twenty years with this agency.

Now the present. Let talk about Scott. Lost cola, your % on drop money, can only accumulate 365 hour of annual leave, no more double dipping, and to retire (60 year of age or 30 year of services) for anyone hired after 2011. Yes, Chile's took the step plan but the Republicans party in this state has taken every thing else. Nothing will change.

Why don't you leave?
    I did. I retired years ago. Just clarifying
    The Chiles debacle.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234