Medical Marijuana
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Medical Marijuana

How is it Pasco FD is allowing medical marijuana for its first responder employees. I work at a neighboring FD, and I know of nowhere else that this is being allowed? I heard that as long as you aren't high at work, they don't care that its in your system. I'm assuming Pasco County Government is a drug free workplace. My FD, tells us that they will not tolerate marijuana in your system regardless of whether you have valid medical marijuana approval.

Unregistered
    Why are you asking us about PFR’s policy? Call or ask one of them. Our policy doesn’t permit it.

Unregistered
    We are not allowed at the SO, but I know that the FD has quietly allowed their employees that have marijuana cards to have marijuana in their system on drug testing. The only restriction is don't show up to work high. Think once the public finds out, this policy will change abruptly. Would think that the liability of employees having drugs in their system, while working codes or wrecks, or fires, where someone dies, will be extreme. To my knowledge, there is no testing that says when your high, and when your not. Big time bomb! Employees that test positive without the cards are subject to discipline or firing. Seems they are relying on the Marijuana Doctor examination. From what I hear, just about anybody that pays the money, gets a card. Besides, wouldn't you think that the Agency would need to know if their employee says is suffering from PSTD that could be triggered by something work related. The FD's having alot of counseling available for its employees, should be a big red flag, if the employee has not participated in the counseling provided. I'm sure the public doesnt want us or the FD showing up to calls with drugs in our system, I know some are doing things they shouldn't, but if you get caught, its your job!!!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We are not allowed at the SO, but I know that the FD has quietly allowed their employees that have marijuana cards to have marijuana in their system on drug testing. The only restriction is don't show up to work high. Think once the public finds out, this policy will change abruptly. Would think that the liability of employees having drugs in their system, while working codes or wrecks, or fires, where someone dies, will be extreme. To my knowledge, there is no testing that says when your high, and when your not. Big time bomb! Employees that test positive without the cards are subject to discipline or firing. Seems they are relying on the Marijuana Doctor examination. From what I hear, just about anybody that pays the money, gets a card. Besides, wouldn't you think that the Agency would need to know if their employee says is suffering from PSTD that could be triggered by something work related. The FD's having alot of counseling available for its employees, should be a big red flag, if the employee has not participated in the counseling provided. I'm sure the public doesnt want us or the FD showing up to calls with drugs in our system, I know some are doing things they shouldn't, but if you get caught, its your job!!!!!
    You need to keep your fukking mouth shut about the FD, fat boy!

Unregistered
    Yes -

at the old S.O. you can have alcohol abuse, a DUI like the grumpy cat did back in the day or even abuse opioids like the headcheese appears to have in the past???? How are the sinuses JockBoy? Yeah, that guy.

Unregistered
    Or the former Captain in Detention who was "drug free" even though his connection to a steroid investigation in Southwest Florida was swept under the rug by a prior administration?

Unregistered
    Maybe the FD people should keep their mouths shut. How do you think we know about your little scam? Just a matter of time before something happens and this hits the fan. There's a reason why 99.9% of other FD'S, police departments, and SO's don't allow it. If you got to use mind altering substances to make it through your day, maybe your in the wrong profession.

Unregistered
    Drug free workplaces effects all of our workman comp rates. This will cost the County a lot of money if they are found in violation. The rest of us that work for the County can't, I'm not sure why the FD thinks they are special. If the County makes a exception for you, their going to have a hard time firing some other employee for going to the Marijuana Doctor and getting approval to do the same. Wonder if the County Administrator even knows? Make your policy public and see how that works out for you. You want to be trailblazers and go against the grain, own it.

Unregistered
    Sounds like typical Pasco arguing boo hooing and whining like a bunch of jr high girls No wonder youre the laughing stock.

Pick up the phone and call the BCC. Time to man up not reach for the tissue

Unregistered
    I think it just a matter of time before this becomes a DUI issue. Then we are going to be cast as the bad guys for enforcing the law. As much as I would hate to see my fellow first responders that I work hand and hand with everyday get jammed up, I'm not going to lose my job because of it. I hope they would be responsible enough not to drive when they are taking their medical marijuana therapy, but human nature says its going to happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast