The Simon Sinek presentation was exactly what people needed to hear and by that I mean the command staff. Sinek made some fantastic points by I fear these observations fell on death ears. Factual statistics show that employees work harder, take less sick time and cause less of an issue when they feel appreciated. Who here feels appreciated with the state of the agency at this time?

Valid thoughts presented to the chain of command almost always are blocked, delayed or just outright lost as it passes through the command staff. How long did the promotional process that was presented to a certain chief sit on his desk? It only moved due to a certain employee informing the sheriff that it had been presented months before.

Sinek impressed me with his common sense approach to problem solving. His points were well made and his answers frankly were not very flattering to some of the command staff. Unlike what Sinek mentioned , some in the command staff believe they’re the only ones who can be right on a perceived issue we face as an agency. Again, many with no rank within he agency know how to solve t problems we face but since they aren’t supervisors their views aren’t valued. I stopped sending suggestions to the chain of command two years ago when I finally realized nobody cared about issues most deputies face on a daily basis.

I hope the sheriff takes the time to realize that the majority of the agency wants the star that symbolizes what we stand for to regain its luster. We are in dire straits and if employee input isn’t valued then moral will surely suffer. In the past 14 years I have never seen moral as low as the needle currently shows.

I challenge you all to come to work with a positive attitude and continue to provide excellent service to the people we represent. The high quality service we provide to those in the community must never suffer due to issues in house. Go to work tomorrow and continue to make a difference in the lives of those who depend on us. Stay safe, stay positive and give our citizens the service they expect us to provide..