Tallahassee captain - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Recipe for failure!!

The fragmentation of job duties will yet again be unsuccessful. Everyone knows with the Tallahassee Lt.(Chiefs Office)wearing too many hats the results have be marginal at best. Any agency with the number of staff as ABT has specific personnel assigned to the tasks of Training, Accreditation and Emergency Management. The would have been a great opportunity to break out those tasks and move the agency forward. One day the vicarious liability associated with the lack of training will rear its head.

Unregistered
    The agency is in a tough spot. Do more with less is the path we are on and it is the same for every agency. We are incredibly top heavy with 30 supervisors and only 77 agents. Combined positions is smart.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The agency is in a tough spot. Do more with less is the path we are on and it is the same for every agency. We are incredibly top heavy with 30 supervisors and only 77 agents. Combined positions is smart.
    I have been retired for a few years but I still follow this for some news, rumors, and humor.. That being said, above is one of the stupidest statements I have heard. Combined positions is smart??? When I started we had over 200 sworn, when I left were down to about 120. Now you guys have less than that??? Sounds like you already are doing way more with way less!

Unregistered
    I have been retired for a few years but I still follow this for some news, rumors, and humor.. That being said, above is one of the stupidest statements I have heard. Combined positions is smart??? When I started we had over 200 sworn, when I left were down to about 120. Now you guys have less than that??? Sounds like you already are doing way more with way less!
    Math is not your friend. Let's try it like this. What other agency has 2.5 sworn to 1 sworn supervisor? No one.

Unregistered
    Math is not your friend. Let's try it like this. What other agency has 2.5 sworn to 1 sworn supervisor? No one.
    In defense of them, you forget that we have quite a few LT's with multiple ISII's that are direct reports. Not just sworn. If I am not mistaken, each of the panhandle LT's have 7 direct reports (4 agents, 2 ISII's, and 1 AAII). I forgot though, some of you think the world revolves around sworn folks.

Unregistered
    In defense of them, you forget that we have quite a few LT's with multiple ISII's that are direct reports. Not just sworn. If I am not mistaken, each of the panhandle LT's have 7 direct reports (4 agents, 2 ISII's, and 1 AAII). I forgot though, some of you think the world revolves around sworn folks.
    You helped to make my point. You don't
    need to be sworn to supervise sworn or non sworn.

Unregistered
    You helped to make my point. You don't
    need to be sworn to supervise sworn or non sworn.
    Glad I could help and I won't disagree with you on that. My point is that you forgot to take into consideration that supervisors have more than just sworn they are responsible. Yes, if you look at just sworn we are definitely top heavy. Add in the non-sworn reports and it makes it a little more palatable. Then again, do we need an office of 8 (or 4 or 6) just work surveys and a few alc and tob complaints that could be handled by non-sworn? No we don't.

Unregistered
    What scandal with DG?

Unregistered

proverb

a man who steals from his state
    also takes from offering plate

Unregistered
    But he continues to get away with it. POLICY states ALL sworn personnel below the rank of captain will utilize SLERS on a daily basis. DG goes months without using SLERS. Where is his write up????

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast