COLA coming back?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

COLA coming back?

Guys and gals,

Any word on the COLA (retirement) that Gov Scott took away coming back?

I was in Tallahassee several weeks ago on some business and spoke with someone who seems to think we will get the COLA back.

Anyone else have input ?

Unregistered
    Maybe an 8 year drop too.

Unregistered
    Sorry guys that’s not happening. The COLA is gone. Once something is taken away it’s not coming back. In fact, I’ve heard not one word about the COLA either way since they originally took it away.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sorry guys that’s not happening. The COLA is gone. Once something is taken away it’s not coming back. In fact, I’ve heard not one word about the COLA either way since they originally took it away.
    That's not totally true. The Legislature wants to restore it because they benefit from it too.

Unregistered
    That's not totally true. The Legislature wants to restore it because they benefit from it too.
    Actually no, it's not coming back. Just like the DROP interest will remain at 1.3%. It's been what? 8 1/2 years since they took the COLA away?

Keep dreaming man. It's not coming back.

Unregistered
    Actually no, it's not coming back. Just like the DROP interest will remain at 1.3%. It's been what? 8 1/2 years since they took the COLA away?

Keep dreaming man. It's not coming back.
    When I started we only got 2 percent in high risk. Ol Jeb Bush took care of us and gave us 3 Percent high risk and retroactive it for the guys who started long ago. Change can happen. Depends on who the prevailing party is in Tallahassee.

Unregistered
    When I started we only got 2 percent in high risk. Ol Jeb Bush took care of us and gave us 3 Percent high risk and retroactive it for the guys who started long ago. Change can happen. Depends on who the prevailing party is in Tallahassee.
    Different times. The general public doesn't like cops and are envious of our benefits. The Sun-Sentinel helped with that.

Unregistered
    Different times. The general public doesn't like cops and are envious of our benefits. The Sun-Sentinel helped with that.
    You would be surprised what politics do.

Unregistered
    Guys and gals,

Any word on the COLA (retirement) that Gov Scott took away coming back?

I was in Tallahassee several weeks ago on some business and spoke with someone who seems to think we will get the COLA back.

Anyone else have input ?
    It’s not coming back and actually when you retire after 30 years (for the newbies) you are going to have to contribute 1% of your salary back to FRS. It’s some sort of processing fee? not sure if it is legal but it is in the house now for a vote. Hang on tight they are trying to screw us again.

Unregistered
    It’s not coming back and actually when you retire after 30 years (for the newbies) you are going to have to contribute 1% of your salary back to FRS. It’s some sort of processing fee? not sure if it is legal but it is in the house now for a vote. Hang on tight they are trying to screw us again.
    Damn, I heard something similar but it wasn’t a processing type fee. I will look to see what I can find on this topic.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast