Sworn supervisor of the year????? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered

Exclamation Line officers v. Promotees: Career differences

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    There are many other supervisors that are more deserving than TF. From a management perspective from the brass down, I can see why she got it. From those that work directly under her, I have not heard 1 single officer agree with that decision...that’s sad. She’s good with proofreading reports, knowing policy, micro-managing, pleasing the bosses, and community hugfests that promote her specifically. But when it comes to inspiring others to greatness or create a good team environment, there’s a void. I won’t knock her as a person or degrade her, but she is not a model supervisor. Most officers believe this was done in order to eventually get her promoted up the chain...I would have to agree that seems like the most logical reason she was picked.
    Once you get promoted, it becomes a completely different ballgame. The goal of a career officer is totally different then the goal of those who are promoted to sergeant. Once you get promoted to sergeant, your career aspirations are completely different than the career aspirations of line officers. Completely! (two different worlds). One is on a railroad track to be a worker bee until retirement, while the other is on a railroad track to get promoted as high as possible until retirement. The rules are different for the two trains. Completely!

Unregistered
    Anyone know the story with the toe suck arrest

Unregistered
    I hope women rule the upper management. The egotistical men need to go. There is nothing worse then an arrogant man that never stops whining. Promote the ladies. The men are sick.

Unregistered

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I hope women rule the upper management. The egotistical men need to go. There is nothing worse then an arrogant man that never stops whining. Promote the ladies. The men are sick.
    The goal of NOW is to ensure that all police departments are comprised of at least 50% women. May it should be upped to 80% women?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12