Sworn supervisor of the year?????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Sworn supervisor of the year?????

This place has hit rock bottom now. How does sgt featherstone who is probably the single worst supervisor at SPD get supervisor of the year? It’s a slap in the face to all of the supervisors who actually do their job.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This place has hit rock bottom now. How does sgt featherstone who is probably the single worst supervisor at SPD get supervisor of the year? It’s a slap in the face to all of the supervisors who actually do their job.
    Are you looking from the top down or from the bottom up? Awards usually come from the top down. Conversely, if you take a poll of line officers of who the best sworn supervisor is, then you're looking from the bottom up. Both perspectives are very different from each other.

Unregistered
    Oh so true

Unregistered
    They literally could’ve picked any other supervisor and it would’ve been a much better pick

Unregistered

Exclamation Internal politics of policing (not external politics)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are you looking from the top down or from the bottom up? Awards usually come from the top down. Conversely, if you take a poll of line officers of who the best sworn supervisor is, then you're looking from the bottom up. Both perspectives are very different from each other.
    Street-level supervisors who show genuine empathy for line officers are frequently passed over for promotions because they oftentimes show more concern for the welfare of low level employees, instead of catering to the promotional aspirations of captains who are involved in senior-level administrative politics. If you cater to the needs of captains, then they can "pull you up," but if you cater too much to the needs of line of line officers, then they cannot pay you back (except with gratitude).

Unregistered
    I’ll tell you how, she has an idiot lieutenant who dreams of being captain so he is promoting her to try and gain favor with the chief. It’s that simple. There is not one single thing she does that warrants recognition. She is literally the opposite of what a supervisor should be. She is HORRIBLE!!!

Unregistered
    That whole shift is a total miserable pit that starts with the lt who is a hot mess an seems to get his rocks off by creating drama and stress with the officers. Never seen anything like it. He is a spineless coward who will not hold her accountable. The captain knows it and won’t do anything. Never have I seen so many officers miserable on one shift. But in typical SPD fashion, we have two “leaders” who will only do what they think the chief wants rather than doing what right.

Unregistered
    Sounds like y’all are just jealous because she’s a better cop than you and she won’t let you eat her out.

Unregistered
    Can’t wait to hear what BS was concocted to justify giving her this status. Quinlan deserves it all day long. To bad he has to share it with a farce.

Unregistered
    There are many other supervisors that are more deserving than TF. From a management perspective from the brass down, I can see why she got it. From those that work directly under her, I have not heard 1 single officer agree with that decision...that’s sad. She’s good with proofreading reports, knowing policy, micro-managing, pleasing the bosses, and community hugfests that promote her specifically. But when it comes to inspiring others to greatness or create a good team environment, there’s a void. I won’t knock her as a person or degrade her, but she is not a model supervisor. Most officers believe this was done in order to eventually get her promoted up the chain...I would have to agree that seems like the most logical reason she was picked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast