Jeff Bell - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jeff Bell

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Brilliant strategy. We know the current guy sucks. We know the former guy is bad. So let’s just settle in and accept the sh!t sandwich we have now for another 4 years and HOPE he burns out. Let me remind you about the FRS. 8 years as an elected sheriff gets you 170k for life. Do you think Tony will leave 2 years short of that magical number 8. The answer is NO. It’s the same reason why Israel is running. He needs 2 more years as an electe d official to collect. If Isreal could get those 2 years given to him now, he would drop out of the race in a heartbeat
    Excellent point.You may be right. I think most deputies would agree that there are no good choices for Sheriff this election. So following the line of thinking above, wouldn't it makes sense to get rid of Tony using Israel. I think most people agree that Israel is the strongest candidate in the race and has the best chance of winning? Hell, even Jeff Bell said on a Talk Radio Show that he'd rather have Israel then Tony. He said although he had serious issues with Israel at least Israel had an open-door policy with his unions. Jeff also said that If he had any issues he could call Israel and he would either answer the phone or call him back usually within a few minutes. He did this even when he knew he was being removed from office. The lines of communication were always open. Jeff said Tony refuses to have any direct communications with the unions that represent the men and women of BSO. Scott Israel has got to be In his early sixties. Maybe with any luck he will do two years, get a pension and call it quits.Worst case scenario we're stuck with him for four years. Either way it gives us time to find a good candidate to run for Sheriff and we are rid of Tony Hopefully forever!

Unregistered

Whatley

Bell is a hero for helping rid the county of the former, but he's short-sighted about the current Sheriff. There's no way in hell that anyone but Tony, or the worst scenario, Israel will win in 2020. What's he going to do, suggest that the county flip to red ? Support Pollack? Bell should be smart enough to see that principle needs to take a back seat this time. Tony will burn out before 2024. His history, which has been consistant, indicates that he never stays anywhere for too long for all kinds of reasons. You cannot suport a Sheriff who fires deputies, but the correct way to go is to not endorse any of the candidates and let the silence speak for itself.
    The silent majority will pick Whatley u will see, after the debate the tables will turn.

Unregistered
    Bell is a hero for helping rid the county of the former, but he's short-sighted about the current Sheriff. There's no way in hell that anyone but Tony, or the worst scenario, Israel will win in 2020. What's he going to do, suggest that the county flip to red ? Support Pollack? Bell should be smart enough to see that principle needs to take a back seat this time. Tony will burn out before 2024. His history, which has been consistant, indicates that he never stays anywhere for too long for all kinds of reasons. You cannot suport a Sheriff who fires deputies, but the correct way to go is to not endorse any of the candidates and let the silence speak for itself.
    TT lost our votes when he started firing deputies

Unregistered
    TT lost our votes when he started firing deputies
    TT doesn't care! He's afraid to show up at the town hall because he can't get the questions ahead of time so he can have his people provide him with the politically correct answer. I believe he's also afraid to be called out on stage regarding his qualifications, resume, all his talk about the NFL and Military, he would be embarrassed. It's easier to say I have a prior engagement, which is what I'm guessing he will say, because he doesn't have the ballz to be honest; which we've figured out isn't his strong suit.

Unregistered
    I am sure that’s why there was over 100 days notice. Besides, could a sheriff really use that as an excuse with so much notice? More that 3 months

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234