North Miami SH incident
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

North Miami SH incident

Well....I'm gonna assume the officer isn't going to lose her job much less be pursued by the SAO for charges of agg assault as you see in the video, several "young unarmed black kids" who credibly witnessed the officer telling them she was going to shoot them.

Luckily the officer's partner wasn't the lead since he was a white male. Had it been him, the officer would've been indicted by now. The double standard selective enforcement of laws and hypocrisy we live in make me happy that I no longer am part of such a dysfunctional justice system.

~it is what it is~

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well....I'm gonna assume the officer isn't going to lose her job much less be pursued by the SAO for charges of agg assault as you see in the video, several "young unarmed black kids" who credibly witnessed the officer telling them she was going to shoot them.

Luckily the officer's partner wasn't the lead since he was a white male. Had it been him, the officer would've been indicted by now. The double standard selective enforcement of laws and hypocrisy we live in make me happy that I no longer am part of such a dysfunctional justice system.

~it is what it is~
    I do think any officer outnumbered and surrounded by a crowd would've reacted in a similar fashion. It's not pretty but sometimes violent words will de-escalate a situation versus jumping to physical violence. For the officer, don't worry you'll be fine. And on the side of the children and the community, I'm glad no one got hurt.

I just bet that had it been a white male officer in that black female officer's position, he would've been indicted now.

Unregistered

~it is what it is~
    She should be charged with Aggravated Assault. Every element of the crime is present.
    Lord have mercy, if this were a white police officer, there would be marches, protests, and demands for answers.
    Not much to see here...fire her, Chief!

Unregistered
    She should be charged with Aggravated Assault. Every element of the crime is present.
    Lord have mercy, if this were a white police officer, there would be marches, protests, and demands for answers.
    Did you notice any update from the black Doral officer that dragged the unarmed black man out of the car and caused him to break his leg? That got swept under the rug...

Unregistered
    Did you notice any update from the black Doral officer that dragged the unarmed black man out of the car and caused him to break his leg? That got swept under the rug...
    Where’s the outrage?

Unregistered
    I heard the officer is back on patrol...just like the black Doral officer that dragged and broke the unarmed black male's leg. Too much attention on white officers.

Unregistered
    What a great impression our potty-mouthed never should have been hired officer made on a PPO.

Unregistered
    What a great impression our potty-mouthed never should have been hired officer made on a PPO.
    Geesh. Poor guy. I'm sure he learned how NOT to handle yourself as a police officer in this day and age.

Unregistered

You Go Girl!

That officer's mannerisms are very typical of female black culture. These cultural differences need to be embraced, not attacked by other officers on this forum. Looks like some sensitivity training is in order here.

Unregistered
    That officer's mannerisms are very typical of female black culture. These cultural differences need to be embraced, not attacked by other officers on this forum. Looks like some sensitivity training is in order here.
    This argument is a pathetic excuse and weak argument, while pulling out the proverbial "race card" to justify her abhorrent, unprofessional, inexcusable and perhaps, illegal behavior. To coin it as, "mannerisms typical to female black culture" is not only inexact; rather, it's an insult to black culture.

I cannot ever recall First Lady Michelle Obama acting like that. There are countless black female officers on our department - mothers, wives, grandmothers, and colleagues, who are amazing persons and who never act and behave like this disgraceful thug did.

There is no sensitivity training needed to excuse or justify her repulsive behavior, nor should we, as a profession, race, gender, or group, ever embrace, support and acquiesce in accepting what she did as normal, tolerated and permissible.

To allude to this is ridiculous. Would we "embrace" a white police officer, speaking, threatening and arresting minors as "mannerisms typical to white males?"

Attempting to approach this incident, through this spectrum and view this through the jaded lens, is morally corrupt and race baiting. What should we do, create a rubric and chart that for law enforcement:

Black Female LEO Black Male LEO White Female LEO White Male LEO Hispanic Female LEO Hispanic Male LEO Other
    ☑️black juv ☑️black juv 🚫black juv 🚫black juv 🚫black juv. 🚫black juv 🚫
    🚫hispanic juv. 🚫hispanic juv. 🚫hispanic juv. 🚫hispanic juv. ☑️hispanic juv. ☑️hispanic 🚫

I think you get the point.

Instead of trying to justify when an officer can behave in this manner, based upon cultural mannerisms, subject type (age, race, gender, etc.) how about just applying the one size fits all - NEVER! This behavior was, is, and should always be unacceptable and there's no way I'd ever sit in any training class or entertain the stupidity of listening to anyone, regardless of who they are and what their background is, attempt to justify it.

A driving reason today's juveniles are so disrespectful is because of adults, behaving like the officer did, modeling such bad examples. She is an adult. She is an authority figure. She is employed by a school system. She is a duly sworn police officer. She should be held to a higher standard. She failed. Fire her.

Stop race baiting. Stop making excuses. She's an embarrassment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast