Steps over percentages

Unregistered

Steps over percentages

To the new hires, do not fall for the union’s trap into getting everyone voting for percentages. There’s a reason why steps were made in the first place so that you’re entitled to your raise in the steps based on the yearly time you put in. If you settle for percentages, then you will never max out. Also there’s officers that are one step away form maxing out which will they are supposed to earn approximately $8,500 in their last step. It is unfair for them to not reach their last’s step because the majority of the union won’t reach their step because they have either maxed out or recently got promoted , so they can’t get a step even though a promotion came with a raise. NEW HIRES, stick to the steps, the only people that really wont be getting it are the ones in the academy, which if you think about it, of course they won’t because they haven’t completed a full year YET.

Unregistered
    I'm sorry, but I have to call BS on this. I am one of the new hires here. It is not Union spreading misinformation, it is YOU! I went to the Union once I started reading everything an unregistered person was putting on here and I was very confused. After I went to the Union I went to payroll downtown and they confirmed what I was told. The contract covers you from the date that you are sworn which is why my probation started on that day. So if my sworn in date was in April I do not qualify for a step either
    . So it isn't just the people in the academy do not benefit it's us too. Also I asked why our steps were not automatic like the place I came from and again both gave me the same answer. As a school board we have secondary taxing rights which means if a homeowner does not pay the tax we cannot take his home or place a tax lien because the school board is not a municipality or county government only a County agency. Our money is different and based on student population so it is unpredictable from year to year. That's why we don't get auto steps. I did it and so can you. Do not listen to these old officers here that are selfish and will try to confuse you. Also it is not only the people in the academy that do not qualify it is everybody sworn after 3/31/2019 that does not qualify including the academy is 182 plus everyone topped out already that would not benefit either including sergeants and lieutenants it is 54 plus everyone promoted after 3/31/2019, but they already got a raise due to their promotion. Actually it would seem that only 22 people on that second to last step are the ones that would really benefit from a step because it is a big jump. That's great for them but not for most of us. You guys need to retire. You are selfish and self centered and YES I am a millennial and what of it. I am educated and figured out how to get the correct information and so can everyone. Don't believe me find out on your own!

Unregistered

🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

You’re clearly a Democrat. So the people who put in their time should not be entitled to their step and rookies who haven’t done a year should receive a raise already ? If you go for percentages, you will never max out in the long run. Do not fall for that trap.